Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any info on the upcoming refreshed 2014 Durango, such as when it will be debuted, changes for the new refresh, pricing, pics, and the future of it with the proposed Jeep Wagoneer coming. Also, are there any rumors and any chance of seeing an SRT version before it gets axed in 2016?

Just for reference, I own a 2012 Durango R/T AWD, and I love it. I think it's the best 3 row SUV/CUV on the market. I just wished there was an SRT model available As I would have bought that instead. Looking forward to the 8 speed with Hemi and bigger uconnect in the '14. Looking forward to any juicy details or rumors you guys can provide about the future of Durango. Also, if it does get replaced by a Jeep Grand Wagoneer, what would be the chances of an SRT Wagoneer? I just want an SRT 3 row SUV/CUV. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
No SRT.

Lots of new technology and an entirely new electrical architecture. New front and rear fascias. Same technology as was introduced in the 2014 Grand Cherokee.

Production, I believe starts in June.

·
Super Moderator
3,522 Posts
Christopher Miller said:
Any Ideas when it will debut??
Late August for production launch, don't know when they will unveil it, maybe NY but that may be a bit early.

·
Registered
494 Posts
oh2o said:
Late August for production launch, don't know when they will unveil it, maybe NY but that may be a bit early.
Do you know if there is any truth of talk to the possibility of a RHD version of the Durango with the updated one?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
marlon_jbt said:
No SRT.Lots of new technology and an entirely new electrical architecture. New front and rear fascias. Same technology as was introduced in the 2014 Grand Cherokee.Production, I believe starts in June.
The new "electrical architecture"---how different will it be? Will components from a 2012 or 2013 have a completely different wiring harness and connectors than this new one to the point where a certain module or sensor wouldn't be cross compatible? I guess what I'm getting at is if in a few years I wanted to try and stab a ZF 8 speed from a '14 JGC/Durango into my '12 Durango, none of the connectors or wiring harness would be compatible between the 2 electrical "architectures"?

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,997 Posts
Engine shot would be cool - but .. nice mods otherwise; It'd probably look better in the opposite paint-scheme, IMO.. black with red accent/stripes.

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
Interesting.

Definitely want to see an engine bay picture as well.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
I would lime to see the 3.0 VM diesel in the next Durango but if I remember correctly it sems that will not happen. Maybe after a few model years....

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
oh2o said:
And as we speak, still no sign of a Durango SRT in the pipeline...
:) thank you :)

Mike

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
oh2o said:
And as we speak, still no sign of a Durango SRT in the pipeline...
The pipe...is clogged... ;)

·
Administrator
35,254 Posts
If it's something they're just looking at in the proposal stage, it wouldn't be in the pipeline. It wasn't in the 2012 plan. Wouldn't a new SRT proposal work like this?

1) Initial proposal with cost/benefit analysis ("business case")
2) If approved, attempt to work something up / see if it can be done
3) Revised proposal with more accurate cost/benefit analysis
4) If approved, goes into official pipeline

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
DaveAdmin said:
If it's something they're just looking at in the proposal stage, it wouldn't be in the pipeline. It wasn't in the 2012 plan. Wouldn't a new SRT proposal work like this?

1) Initial proposal with cost/benefit analysis ("business case")
2) If approved, attempt to work something up / see if it can be done
3) Revised proposal with more accurate cost/benefit analysis
4) If approved, goes into official pipeline
I would assume so... And even if it was theoretically in the pipeline it would be 2015-2016 before we would see the fruit IMHO.

Mike

1 - 20 of 28 Posts