Allpar Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
37,779 Posts
"even if it was theoretically in the pipeline it would be 2015-2016 before we would see the fruit"

Depends on how much needed to be done. I would assume the nearest model year would be 2015, but much of the setup is already done, especially if they use the same basic suspension as Jeep SRT8, obviously retuned and modified. That would complicate assembly, perhaps, but would shorten cycle time and lessen risk.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I would love to see the VM diesel offered in the Durango. Diesel fan since 2005 when I bought a Dodge Ram 2500 diesel to pull my camper. Love that Cummins! Trouble-free in nearly 9 yrs of mostly towing 3 different 5th Wheel campers.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
oh2o said:
And as we speak, still no sign of a Durango SRT in the pipeline...
Although I thank you for the news, it makes me sad to hear this! The wife really wants a Durango but I still really want an SRT, and Jeep is the closest compromise!

·
Premium Member
26,427 Posts
DaveAdmin said:
"even if it was theoretically in the pipeline it would be 2015-2016 before we would see the fruit"

Depends on how much needed to be done. I would assume the nearest model year would be 2015, but much of the setup is already done, especially if they use the same basic suspension as Jeep SRT8, obviously retuned and modified. That would complicate assembly, perhaps, but would shorten cycle time and lessen risk.
Sure absolutely... Which would mean we should see pilots in January-ish, if it will indeed be a 2015 MY vehicle.

The question is, how much tuning will the suspension require. Will it be AWD also? (I hope not personally) you have to adjust all the dynamics for the extra length and weight. While similar, the interiors are different so specific trim will need to be designed, prototyped, fitted, approved, and moulds need to be made. Same goes for fascias. Etc. etc.

If the insider says its not in the pipe right now, they got a lot of work to do in six months and the standard vehicle is three months out from launch still.

Mike

DaveAdmin said:
I thought Durango was NYC...

I just meant that Durango launch is a lot further off than I'd have thought.
It was... I still say CY2015 will be the first fruit, IF it is real.

Mike

21 - 28 of 28 Posts