·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know?

·
Super Moderator
21,355 Posts
I don't know if this has been announced yet, but I looked at the difference in Kelley Blue Book trade-in values for a 2007 Grand Cherokee Hemi and the Diesel on a GC Limited.
All other things being equal, the diesel vehicle got $350 more than Hemi vehicle at trade-in. How much more is the diesel option compared to the Hemi option when new? As a guess, probably $2000-$3000?
Diesel services may be more expensive, but there should be less of it.
Diesel fuel economy on slightly more expensive fuel is ~20-40% better overall. But with MDS and VCT, the Hemi is very good also.
The Ram 2500-up trucks-only BlueTEC/soot regen emissions system and ULSD fuel were extremely clean at the time, but may be 45 state-only compliant by now. It depends on which way state legislation goes.
A dealer may be the first to know pricing when it's available. Give them a call or have them call you when the pricing is finalized?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm not sure if this has been discussed before but i could not find it. In order to get the diesel you need to get at least the limited version starting at 38k. Then 4,500 for the diesel but then the kicker they make you buy some luxury package for another 3,000. So the "cheapest" Jeep diesel is a sticker price of over 46k. And this will be another reason why they say diesels don't sell here. So the diesel is about 5500 over the price of the 5.7.

·
Registered
10 Posts
trekkar said:
I'm not sure if this has been discussed before but i could not find it. In order to get the diesel you need to get at least the limited version starting at 38k. Then 4,500 for the diesel but then the kicker they make you buy some luxury package for another 3,000. So the "cheapest" Jeep diesel is a sticker price of over 46k. And this will be another reason why they say diesels don't sell here. So the diesel is about 5500 over the price of the 5.7.
My understanding from talking with dealers here in AB, is it will be around $2500 - $3000 (above the cost of the hemi). That still buys alot of gas for the Hemi + diesel is currently 10cents a litre more at the pump! I'm not sure about the US. That means it is going to take a loooooooooong time before you re-coup your up-front costs!! I was a big fan of the diesel and waiting patiently . . . however, my shift is going towards the Hemi. There are currently a dozen or so here on the dealer lots . . . soooooo tempting!!

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
sharky said:
My understanding from talking with dealers here in AB, is it will be around $2500 - $3000 (above the cost of the hemi). That still buys alot of gas for the Hemi + diesel is currently 10cents a litre more at the pump! I'm not sure about the US. That means it is going to take a loooooooooong time before you re-coup your up-front costs!! I was a big fan of the diesel and waiting patiently . . . however, my shift is going towards the Hemi. There are currently a dozen or so here on the dealer lots . . . soooooo tempting!!
It's going to be around $2,400 above the Hemi price, but in perspective, it has more torque than the Hemi at nearly double the mpg, so the re-coup isn't that big of a deal..and you have power plus economy.
The only attraction for a Hemi is the exhaust sound, after that it's all academic. ;)

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I was going to trade my 2011 Laredo 3.6 for a 2014 Diesel but after adding the prices up got sticker shock. The old 5 speed didn't do justice to the 3.6 since we tow a F/S Nitro 20 ft boat but after driving the 2014 8 speed, wow. We traded for the 3.6 with some option packages on another Laredo and the payments worked out $1 less than my old payment. All the improvements in the Jeep GC since 2011 have made a great package for most drivers when ordered with the options that a family/person really needs to keep the cost down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts