Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so the 2014 Cherokee build and price is up on Jeeps website. I built up a loaded out Trailhawk and was a little surprised at the price.....41K. Thats well into JKU Rubicon territory.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Jeepnut said:
Ok so the 2014 Cherokee build and price is up on Jeeps website. I built up a loaded out Trailhawk and was a little surprised at the price.....41K. Thats well into JKU Rubicon territory.
:huh:

The starting price for a Grand Cherokee, 4x4, Limited, with V6 and 8 speed, is $37,795.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exactly if your looking at the Trailhawk your looking for the "offroad" (I use that term loosely) capable version why wouldnt said buyer pick up the GC or the JKU Rubicon instead. At least the Wrangler has that mysterious suspension articulation thing that Cherokee knows nothing about.

·
Registered
6,726 Posts
Ah ah aahhh. No negative talk about the Cherokee until everyone and their grandmother has driven it twice on the Rubicon. :censored:

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
29.5K base price Trailhawk Cherokee (2014) +$1500 for the V6
42K base price Trailhawk GC (2013)

Seems like if you fully loaded the Cherokee, you get closer to GC, but you could go with a much cheaper Cherokee if you wanted, where as the base price for the GC is high no matter what.

Reactions: abgwin and UN4GTBL

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So far there is no 2014 GC trailhawk.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Jeepnut said:
Exactly if your looking at the Trailhawk your looking for the "offroad" (I use that term loosely) capable version why wouldnt said buyer pick up the GC or the JKU Rubicon instead. At least the Wrangler has that mysterious suspension articulation thing that Cherokee knows nothing about.
Marketing aside, I don't think people will buy the Trailhawk for the same offroading conditions that a JKU Rubicon buyer would. I think the argument of Cherokee vs GC is more of a discussion if you're talking about fully loaded Cherokee, as that nears the GC price. But you could get a more stripped Cherokee (no leather, big sunroof, etc) if you wanted and save a bunch of money compared to GC.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I priced a Trailhawk and a Limited AWD with V6 & 3.517 Drive Ratio, Comf/Conv Group, Tech Group, Leather Group, Tow Group and sunroof.. The damage is $39,500.

It is considerably high when cross shopped with other competitors..

I think, they are making the same mistake with packaging and pricing as they are doing with Dart...

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
Mopar392 said:
I priced a Trailhawk and a Limited AWD with V6 & 3.517 Drive Ratio, Comf/Conv Group, Tech Group, Leather Group, Tow Group and sunroof.. The damage is $39,500.

I think, they are making the same mistake with packaging and pricing as they are doing with Dart...
Cross shop what Competitor.... which other model( other than Jeep) has a Off road model? Not being critical just curious.

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
Let's come back down to reality...how does a basic KL with common options (A/C, power windows, etc) compare to Escape & CR-V & RAV4 et al?

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Mopar392 said:

Really? Go build a fully loaded Escape and it also gets into the upper 30's.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
$4,000 more than my KK Renegade when equipped similarly, but with KL Trailhawk having much more equipment that I don't want nor need.

Bah!

$32,980.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
TripleT said:
Cross shop what Competitor.... which other model( other than Jeep) has a Off road model? Not being critical just curious.
The sort of off-road capabilities is only with Trailhawk, which yes no other competitor has it.. But on the other side, a top of the line Limited cost $39,xxx when fully optioned.

JKU12 said:
Really? Go build a fully loaded Escape and it also gets into the upper 30's.
The Escape cost $35,xxx. $4000 less than a similar Cherokee Limited. And Yes Cherokee is the only one with a V6..

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
I priced one the way I wanted just over $30k

Mike

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Which trim did you start with?

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Stratuscaster said:
Let's come back down to reality...how does a basic KL with common options (A/C, power windows, etc) compare to Escape & CR-V & RAV4 et al?
I didnt compare the other trims im guessing they are competitive with otber makes I was just looking at the Trailhawk to see how much it would be loaded. Remember many here said it would probably be 36K loaded out I was just surprised at the much higher price.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
TripleT said:
Land Rover I would guess?

1 - 20 of 199 Posts