Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
This definitely does NOT look like a Giulietta...it shows a strong Jeep family feel.... and it proves that many people who thought they knew all about size, shape, rear cargo space, overhang, wheel clearance, etc... of the Cherokee, in fact knew nothing at all about the final product. QED

·
Registered
12,981 Posts
Did Chrysler PR go after YouTube like they came after Allpar regarding NASCAR?

·
Banned
3,474 Posts
WTF!?

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
tryphon said:
This definitely does NOT look like a Giulietta...it shows a strong Jeep family feel.... and it proves that many people who thought they knew all about size, shape, rear cargo space, overhang, wheel clearance, etc... of the Cherokee, in fact knew nothing at all about the final product. QED
Hard to say that. It has the same small cargo area and shape as all the other photos on Allpar, ...of the same vehicle. ;)

No one said it looks like a Giulietta, it's only based upon the Giulietta inspired platform and architecture, just as the Dart is.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
AutoTechnician said:
If the video was taken of the vehicle on public roads - it's fair game and there is nothing Chrysler can do.
Somebody did something, it's gone and a search results in the words "spy video" struck through.
However it is the same car that Allpar already has photos of.

·
Registered
12,981 Posts
AutoTechnician said:
If the video was taken of the vehicle on public roads - it's fair game and there is nothing Chrysler can do.
They can still ask and threaten.

·
THE MAD DUCK
2,385 Posts
Interesting Aluminum Lower Control Arms on the Rear. And Kind' Tall Looking.

TMD

·
Registered
822 Posts
The Mad Duck said:
Interesting Aluminum Lower Control Arms on the Rear. And Kind' Tall Looking.

TMD
On my PC the aspect ratio of the video is wrong.

This still picture shows it at the correct aspect ratio:

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
I tell you one thing, the Jeep looks huge...bigger than the current Liberty. Those that are concerned that the cargo capacity will be not be up to the task may need to think again....

·
Registered
822 Posts
CJDsalespro said:
I tell you one thing, the Jeep looks huge...bigger than the current Liberty. Those that are concerned that the cargo capacity will be not be up to the task may need to think again....
and the overhang, ground clearance...etc... look OK.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
tryphon said:
On my PC the aspect ratio of the video is wrong.

This still picture shows it at the correct aspect ratio:

Video looks squished, giving the appearance of a better approach angle.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
CJDsalespro said:
It is wide and the cladding makes it look longer than it is. Look at the rear seat location compared to the tire size and rear window, in the side shot. It is worrisome.
The proof will be in the data, however the Liberty stats, showed more cargo room than the XJ Cherokee, In reality, the XJ Cherokee was more usable because all of the cargo volume was vertical, not in length.
My cargo, such as tent, ice chest, camp chairs, table, etc. is in length. Stacking many items on top of each other is inefficient and after the first 1 mile off road, pretty silly, as it all shifts and jumbles.

Hopefully they were using the Mules for some real world use testing and not just running around with a data wheel on the back.
I need my confidence restored if I am to continue to push and market this Jeep to friends and family.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts