Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Just got a truck load(6) of 2014 GC's. I have customers right now but after they leave i will go out and drive it and report back. Only 6yl LTD's and one Overland. One cool thing I did notice is that on the LTD's they now have dual exhaust on the v6.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I'm glad to see you get some. I saw one on the top of a car hauler heading down US 35 east out of Dayton the other day. @69DartGTS, I believe May was for the diesel, but I could be wrong...

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
69DartGTS said:
Already? i thought it was suposed to be on sale in May??
May might be for the diesel. But they are here and I just noticed that there is a HEMI in the bunch so I will def drive that too.....Love the 8.4 the new enhanced features are awesome. The back up camera now tracks like it does with the new Ram.

SouthPawXJ said:
I'm glad to see you get some. I saw one on the top of a car hauler heading down US 35 east out of Dayton the other day. @69DartGTS, I believe May was for the diesel, but I could be wrong...
Just in time...I was down to my last 4 2013's :thumbsup:

·
Active Jeeper
31,138 Posts
Getting rid of that chrome bar at the rear hatch, makes a big difference, a good improvement where less, is more. (KL hint)
The new 2013/14 XTS Caddy has the same backup camera, very nice.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Has anyone noticed the lower models have standard headlamps that fill in the whole space instead of black plastic? If it's already been covered, sorry. Noticed at the Baltimore auto show.

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
Looks great!

·
Say no to kool-aid
3,922 Posts
jclick said:
Has anyone noticed the lower models have standard headlamps that fill in the whole space instead of black plastic? If it's already been covered, sorry. Noticed at the Baltimore auto show.
That was certainly news to me:

I think I prefer it.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Longtimejeep said:
As of now, NAFTA diesel will launch 4/22
Cool, thanks

Mike

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
DaveAdmin said:
I prefer the look of the headlight filling the whole space, too -- guess that's if you don't need the washers ;)
Who needs headlight washer anyhow? That's what a car wash is for :). Heheheh

Mike

·
Vaguely badass...
43,889 Posts
After all this wet heavy snow lands out here, I think I would find headlamp washers handy. That said - I've survived here for 47 years without them.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Stratuscaster said:
After all this wet heavy snow lands out here, I think I would find headlamp washers handy. That said - I've survived here for 47 years without them.
:lol: Wants and necessities are two different things :)

Mike

·
Registered
161 Posts
What a stunning looking SUV. IMO best looking GC ever, I like all the updates including the new headlights. If I didn't need a truck bed I would trade for one of these. It's amazing the same company that designed this designed that awful looking 2014 Cherokee.

CJDsalespro said:
The 8speed is awesome with the penta star.....I getting ready to take out a HEMI. :thumbsup:
Awesome, does the Hemi also have the 8 speed? Let us know how it is.

·
Registered
494 Posts
jclick said:
Thanks for pointing that out. Didn't notice

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes, the Hemi will get the 8 speed in the 14 WK.

Its the reason the HEMI + 8 spd has been delayed in the L series cars....

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
SRT said:
Yes, the Hemi will get the 8 speed in the 14 WK.

Its the reason the HEMI + 8 spd has been delayed in the L series cars....
Not enough transmissions :cry:

Mike

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wholly $%^&!!!!!!!!! the HEMI 8speed is a BEAST it actually scared me a lil!!! It felt like a slightly detuned SRT8 I really want to know what the official 0-60times are. It felt like it was at least a full second+ faster. My heart is actually racing!!!! I enjoyed driving the 6 but the V8 is serious fun……OMG I have Carwood!!!lol

Love the 2014...only complaint is the leather in the Limited feels "cheap" its like they went out of their way to make sure it felt diffrent from the nappa leather that is used on the Overland.... The 8.4 performs brilliantly, the new Voice recognition programs is 10times better than the previous model.

Now only if I can get me a hemi Overland Summit lease for under 600mo.... :)

Joe_K said:
What a stunning looking SUV. IMO best looking GC ever, I like all the updates including the new headlights. If I didn't need a truck bed I would trade for one of these. It's amazing the same company that designed this designed that awful looking 2014 Cherokee.

Awesome, does the Hemi also have the 8 speed? Let us know how it is.
YES and it is INCREDIBLE!!! way faster than the 5speed HEMI...Id say at least a full second. Feels like a diffrent engine

1 - 20 of 52 Posts