Allpar Forums banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
CJDsalespro said:
Wholly $%^&!!!!!!!!! the HEMI 8speed is a BEAST it actually scared me a lil!!! It felt like a slightly detuned SRT8 I really want to know what the official 0-60times are. It felt like it was at least a full second+ faster. My heart is actually racing!!!! I enjoyed driving the 6 but the V8 is serious fun……OMG I have Carwood!!!lol

Love the 2014...only complaint is the leather in the Limited feels "cheap" its like they went out of their way to make sure it felt diffrent from the nappa leather that is used on the Overland.... The 8.4 performs brilliantly, the new Voice recognition programs is 10times better than the previous model.

Now only if I can get me a hemi Overland Summit lease for under 600mo.... :)

YES and it is INCREDIBLE!!! way faster than the 5speed HEMI...Id say at least a full second. Feels like a diffrent engine
how was the 3.6? Did it seem to have enough power to move it decently? Comparable or better than the last years 5 speed?The hemi sounds awesome!

·
Premium Member
3,813 Posts
The 3.6 WITHOUT the 8 speed had plenty of power for the vehicle, but is now even better with the 8 speed, plus its tow rating went up. The gas mileage difference really isn't the big story, its the increase in the "feel". It feels higher quality, it feels faster, it just plain feels better... That is for both the V6 and V8, and based on what I have read of the Diesel, which I haven't been able to drive yet, I would assume that as well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It's interesting that you already got some on your lot. It seems that its not even officially on sale on the Jeep website as it only has very limited information about 14 GC. No detailed equipment, option or pricing.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
CJDsalespro said:
Wholly $%^&!!!!!!!!! the HEMI 8speed is a BEAST it actually scared me a lil!!! It felt like a slightly detuned SRT8 I really want to know what the official 0-60times are. It felt like it was at least a full second+ faster. My heart is actually racing!!!! I enjoyed driving the 6 but the V8 is serious fun……OMG I have Carwood!!!lol

Love the 2014...only complaint is the leather in the Limited feels "cheap" its like they went out of their way to make sure it felt diffrent from the nappa leather that is used on the Overland.... The 8.4 performs brilliantly, the new Voice recognition programs is 10times better than the previous model.

Now only if I can get me a hemi Overland Summit lease for under 600mo.... :)

YES and it is INCREDIBLE!!! way faster than the 5speed HEMI...Id say at least a full second. Feels like a diffrent engine
It looks like your limited you posted pics of has a more full head light than ones I've seen pics of in press releases. Does that one also have LED's?

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
JRS200x said:
The 3.6 WITHOUT the 8 speed had plenty of power for the vehicle, but is now even better with the 8 speed, plus its tow rating went up. The gas mileage difference really isn't the big story, its the increase in the "feel". It feels higher quality, it feels faster, it just plain feels better... That is for both the V6 and V8, and based on what I have read of the Diesel, which I haven't been able to drive yet, I would assume that as well.
agreed....

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Chase300 said:
It looks like your limited you posted pics of has a more full head light than ones I've seen pics of in press releases. Does that one also have LED's?
its my understanding that the LED's are an available option on LTD standard on Overland. The LTD's that we have do not have the LED's but they were ordered with the new 20" wheels

·
Premium Member
3,813 Posts
Everyone understand.. ALL of the GC's showing up right now on dealer lots of PRESPEC units. The dealers did not build these, they are based on what Chrysler thinks will be the most popular option packages etc and then they send them out to us (usually they are dead wrong).

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
JRS200x said:
Everyone understand.. ALL of the GC's showing up right now on dealer lots of PRESPEC units. The dealers did not build these, they are based on what Chrysler thinks will be the most popular option packages etc and then they send them out to us (usually they are dead wrong).
ala dart??

·
Registered
6,729 Posts
Very nice. The full headlights look much better. :)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hey, those look pretty nice!

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
JRS200x said:
It does my heart good to see you write that and admit that they are usually dead wrong when guessing what customers want in a Jeep. ;)
just kidding! But I bet you smiled. ;)

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
8,063 Posts
They're not "out" out. They're like.. pre-production tester "out". lol

·
Premium Member
3,522 Posts
The ones that are out are not pre-production or test models, they are retail builds. Lots of customers who placed special orders are now driving them, and thousands more are arriving and enroute for both dealer stock and customer builds. Considering that production just launched a month ago, and that there were a few snags that slowed things down the first couple weeks (expected with the extensive vehicle changes and upgrades), I think Chrysler/Jeep has done a remarkable job on this launch.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
oh2o said:
The ones that are out are not pre-production or test models, they are retail builds. Lots of customers who placed special orders are now driving them, and thousands more are arriving and enroute for both dealer stock and customer builds. Considering that production just launched a month ago, and that there were a few snags that slowed things down the first couple weeks (expected with the extensive vehicle changes and upgrades), I think Chrysler/Jeep has done a remarkable job on this launch.
I agree oh20... I should have 25+GC's on my lot bt the middle of March.

·
Premium Member
3,522 Posts
CJDsalespro said:
I agree oh20... I should have 25+GC's on my lot bt the middle of March.
And I betcha you'll sell every one of them about as fast as you get them in. All the reviews coming in, from customers and press are extremely positive.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
oh2o said:
And I betcha you'll sell every one of them about as fast as you get them in. All the reviews coming in, from customers and press are extremely positive.
I am sure we will. But I do question the wisdom of changing the most popular vehicle in our line 6months early. By stopping production in Dec. I think you will find Jan, Feb and possibly March GC numbers down from last year. The Grand Cherokee was hot..I think it would have been fine waiting till July for its refresh. The current 2013 GC lease program is very good.....the new program almost a 100more(on Overland models) I do LOVE the new GC and I will be replaceing my 2011 overland when the deal is right. Can you comment on the the leather choice on the the LTD model(it feels like a Louis Vuitton handbag)

·
Registered
530 Posts
How does the leather feel in the limited (tbh I've never felt a Louis Vuitton handbag)? It can't be worse than my 06 Liberty Limited... I've had vinyl truck bench seats that had a better "feel" than those seats...

21 - 40 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.