Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Good find!

I guess I should introduce myself before I reply to all these topics. My name is Rory, been following you guys for years now, just wanted to join the forum and share my thoughts and the love I have for all things Mopar.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Roryn44 said:
Good find!

I guess I should introduce myself before I reply to all these topics. My name is Rory, been following you guys for years now, just wanted to join the forum and share my thoughts and the love I have for all things Mopar.
Hello Rory welcome to Allpar!

·
Registered
113 Posts
There is also info on the 3.0 L diesel in the 1500. Very interesting.

·
Registered
824 Posts
AutoTechnician said:
Thought you guys might find this interesting:http://www.ramtrucks.com/en/owners/manuals/

It appears that the 2014 Ram 2500/3500 manual is already on the Chrysler website. It mentions a 6.4L engine, factory bed-liner and a rear air-suspension for the HD trucks.
Can't find any reference to 2014 on the pulldowns. Did somebody save? Please PM me...

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lvelleq (o)llllll(o) said:
Can't find any reference to 2014 on the pulldowns. Did somebody save? Please PM me...
It seems they took the menu option off, but the download link to the PDF still works. You will need to change the file extension from ".php" to ".pdf"

http://www.ramtrucks.com/download/pdf/manuals/2014-RAM_15_25_35-OM-1st.pdf?myyear=20&myvehicle=1&o-download-button.x=14&o-download-button.y=8

@kscumminsdriver, I wasn't aware the 13 had a spray-in liner option available.

·
Super Moderator
3,522 Posts
Some excerpts from the manual:

FUEL SAVER TECHNOLOGY 5.7L/6.4L ENGINES ONLY – IF EQUIPPED
This feature offers improved fuel economy by shutting
off four of the engine’s eight cylinders during light load
and cruise conditions. The system is automatic with no
driver inputs or additional driving skills required.

6.4L HEMI® V-8 6–Speed Automatic Transmission
ST - Max Towing: 10,100 lbs
SLT/Outdoorsman/Sport - Max Towing: 12,300 lbs

Fuel Selection – 6.4L Engines 87 Octane

(87 octane?? interesting...)

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The 6.4 is also specified as using 0w-40 oil, which is what I believe the SRT cars recommend. Hope the final 6.4 towing numbers end up higher than that. It's about 4000 pounds shy of what the gasoline Ford can tow.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
AutoTechnician said:
The 6.4 is also specified as using 0w-40 oil, which is what I believe the SRT cars recommend. Hope the final 6.4 towing numbers end up higher than that. It's about 4000 pounds shy of what the gasoline Ford can tow.
And as we have discussed, Ford is know to inflate their numbers and refuse to follow SAE.

Mike

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
I hope they have the MDS figured out on the 2014, doesn't work a crap on my 2013 Challenger...can't go over 60mph and it shuts off ....
Brought it to the dealer, they pluged it in, said everything is fine....I changed the oil 0-40 syn. and have 4,000 mile on her, and it still doesn't
work for highway speeds ...
and I know you don't by a SRT for gas milage...I just want a car to work like it was made to .....

·
Registered
54 Posts
oh2o said:
6.4L HEMI® V-8 6–Speed Automatic Transmission
ST - Max Towing: 10,100 lbs
SLT/Outdoorsman/Sport - Max Towing: 12,300 lbs

Fuel Selection – 6.4L Engines 87 Octane

(87 octane?? interesting...)
So the 6.4 won't be coming with the 8 speed at all? I noticed in the engine compartment diagrams (p. 669-670), for the 5.7 it says "Automatic Transmission Dipstick (6-speed trans only)" and for the 6.4 it says "Transmission Dipstick", implying it isn't available with any other trans.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Can any of the inside folks confirm tne 3.0 diesel/1500 tow max at 9250lbs? Any change in gvw as the diesel will add about 100 lbs.over the hemi. Thanks

·
Registered
98 Posts
DaveAdmin said:
I would assume it will be used only with the Aisin six-speed.

(For the time being.)

I take that back, I predict 68RFE on 2500, Aisin on 3500
68RFE for the 3500... Aisin for the 3500/4500/5500 Cab and Chassis trucks presuming the 6.4 is slated for these...

and yes, I understand that the Aisin is available now in the 3500HD but that's in a max tow configuration with the 385/850 6.7L Cummins... don't see a need to go Aisin for the 6.4 Hemi in non-C&C trucks.

AutoTechnician said:
@kscumminsdriver, I wasn't aware the 13 had a spray-in liner option available.
Order code XMF according to my POC

·
Super Moderator
3,522 Posts
kscumminsdriver said:
68RFE for the 3500... Aisin for the 3500/4500/5500 Cab and Chassis trucks presuming the 6.4 is slated for these...
66RFE for the 2500 and 3500 6.4's. Would have to check if 6.4 will be available on the Cab/Chassis trucks. Two different 6.4 engines are being used, a "mid-duty" and a "heavy-duty".

·
Administrator
35,254 Posts
I would have thought they'd be a inch for 4500/5500 chassis cabs. I mean, given the quantity they intend to build, it seems absurd to make them just to sell them to customers ;) They'd need to do double duty in lowering advertised MSRP and increasing advertised gas-engine power.

Thanks for the correction. I know 68RFE and Aisin would be overkill but I'd think Ram would want to overcome current perceptions that their transmissions aren't strong enough.

·
Registered
98 Posts
DaveAdmin said:
I would have thought they'd be a inch for 4500/5500 chassis cabs. I mean, given the quantity they intend to build, it seems absurd to make them just to sell them to customers ;) They'd need to do double duty in lowering advertised MSRP and increasing advertised gas-engine power.

Thanks for the correction. I know 68RFE and Aisin would be overkill but I'd think Ram would want to overcome current perceptions that their transmissions aren't strong enough.
I believe the 66RFE has 68RFE guts in a modified case with a different torque converter

1 - 20 of 48 Posts