·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Ouch

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea it sucks but im guessing if you can afford a Viper you wont give a fat rats rear about an extra 2K :lol:

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
You could have linked to the other "idiots" at Motor Trend, which is where Autoblog got it's information from. Except that their own link-back isn't even to Motor Trend, but to AutoGuide.

Not sure what or who this is attributed from/to, but here's the gist without the free click (and since AB/MT/AG can't seem to figure out how to properly attribute stuff, I have no qualms about posting it here):
We launched the 2014 SRT Viper with an introductory price of $97,395, which does not include the $1,995 destination charge. The price of the 2014 SRT Viper has increased by $2,000, to $99,395. The price increase covers some additional standard equipment (HD Radio with Navigation and Uconnect Access; 900 Watt 12 Speaker Harman Kardon audio system, including 2 subwoofers; and the ParkView Back-up Camera.). The pricing for the GTS remains the same at $121,895. Also, the gas guzzler tax is $2,600.
So yes, the price is up, but you are getting more stuff.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stratuscaster said:
You could have linked to the other "idiots" at Motor Trend, which is where Autoblog got it's information from. Except that their own link-back isn't even to Motor Trend, but to AutoGuide.Not sure what or who this is attributed from/to, but here's the gist without the free click (and since AB/MT/AG can't seem to figure out how to properly attribute stuff, I have no qualms about posting it here):So yes, the price is up, but you are getting more stuff.
Sorry Strat I figured one idiot auto rag was enough for us to stomach. And yes price went up but you do get more kit for the money! I really did try to find a Chrysler based link so we wouldnt give the hacks an extra link but I came up lacking so I went with the original that I saw.

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
No worries - there wasn't an official Chrysler press release on it, so there was nothing to find. I at least wanted to find out who asked about it, or who from Chrysler or SRT responded to it - like maybe it was a Twitter post or something - but it was not to be found.

Automobile Magazine attributes it to "SRT, JATO."

·
Super Moderator
3,522 Posts
Re: $2000 price increase:

The option price for these items in 2013 MY totaled $4,495 MSRP ($2,500 MSRP for the Grand Touring Package and $1,995 MSRP for the 12 speaker system), but for 2014 MY they will be added as standard equipment with only a $2,000 MSRP increase to the base price of the SRT Viper Coupe.

·
3,813 Posts
Exactly. The price of entry went up, but its actually more bang for your buck in 2014 than 2013. Besides, almost every single Viper ordered had those options... sooooo...

·
Registered
190 Posts
Soooo went by a local dodge dealer today with my new Blue Daytona and saw they had a new Viper GTS.. Had to check it out....took a look at the front windshield.. Their asking price...hope your ready for this cause I about fainted... 174,590... Think I'm kidding I took pics... How can they justify THAT much of a markup.. And of course the full window sticker was not in the car...sad.. But it look gorgeous in black

·
3,813 Posts
SRTaholic said:
Soooo went by a local dodge dealer today with my new Blue Daytona and saw they had a new Viper GTS.. Had to check it out....took a look at the front windshield.. Their asking price...hope your ready for this cause I about fainted... 174,590... Think I'm kidding I took pics... How can they justify THAT much of a markup.. And of course the full window sticker was not in the car...sad.. But it look gorgeous in black
Wait what? The monroney sticker wasn't in the car? That is illegal.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Shocked by that myself. All they had was the Dealer final price sticker and the Line item sticker (MORONY as in Moron sticker we used to call it) was nowhere in sight. I was interested to see what brought them to that price but nothing. I for the life of me and walking around the car cannot see why that car was 21000 shy of 200,000 bucks. Worst dealer markup I have seen...

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
For what it's worth, the gouging on the new Corvette Stingray has already started, too.

They can claim a "local market price adjustment" - I see that line used all the time. I'm told they can catch folks with more money than brains doing that.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
JRS200x said:
Exactly. The price of entry went up, but its actually more bang for your buck in 2014 than 2013. Besides, almost every single Viper ordered had those options... sooooo...
Maybe more bang for the buck fluff-wise. Not bang for the buck performance wise. The ":Grand Touring" package consists of an upgraded infotainment system, Bluetooth satellite, blah, blah,...

Maybe the driver will perform better with more creature comforts though I suspect if they have any effect they are more likely to distract/detract.

Are Viper clientele getting soft?

·
3,813 Posts
SRTaholic said:
Shocked by that myself. All they had was the Dealer final price sticker and the Line item sticker (MORONY as in Moron sticker we used to call it) was nowhere in sight. I was interested to see what brought them to that price but nothing. I for the life of me and walking around the car cannot see why that car was 21000 shy of 200,000 bucks. Worst dealer markup I have seen...
Bring it to the attention of the right authorities and you may just have a new Viper in your future, free of charge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts