Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,872 Posts
I'm not happy about ditching the 1.4 in everything but the Aero... That makes my parents 1.4 powered Limited a rare bird, hard to find parts now? Time will tell... I for one DO NOT want a 30mpg Econobox car... I guess I'll just get an SE with the 6spd and hopefully they made cruise control STANDARD as it shoulda been...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,224 Posts
Dave:

The wording of the 2014 Avenger/200 really conveys a negative here. Saying the Avenger might stay on in case the 200 is a flop, shows a real lack of confidence in the new Fiat/Chrysler lineup.

This sentiment has not come from anyone at Fiat/Chrysler, right? I think this is a media contrivance.
 

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
Joined
·
26,427 Posts
No news on the Fiat 500 or Abarth?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
I cannot understand how they can only get 30 mpg from a dart with the 2.4, I believe they are expecting better than that in 2.4 cherokee. This is going to hurt the dart, midsize cars are rated much higher from the competition and if people are buying a compact fuel economy is important.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,474 Posts
bew said:
I cannot understand how they can only get 30 mpg from a dart with the 2.4, I believe they are expecting better than that in 2.4 cherokee.
6sp vs 9spd transmission?
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
35,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well... I think the Dart SE changes are good. I also think they are going for a “Dodge is muscle” motif more strongly by giving up on gas mileage except in two token cars (Aero and SE), and going for power instead in the majority. I would not be surprised if Chrysler 100 shows up after all, at this point — using the 2.0 engine...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,422 Posts
I like the 30th anniversary T&C very nice!
As for the Dart changes, it would be nice if they had left the 1.4 as option on more models, it had good power and drove great with 6sp manual.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
i havent really been following Dart news lately, so this may be a dumb question, but what tranny's are currently available in the Dart? Is the 9 speed not out for it yet?
 

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
Joined
·
7,997 Posts
browens1534 said:
I'm not happy about ditching the 1.4 in everything but the Aero... That makes my parents 1.4 powered Limited a rare bird, hard to find parts now? Time will tell... I for one DO NOT want a 30mpg Econobox car... I guess I'll just get an SE with the 6spd and hopefully they made cruise control STANDARD as it shoulda been...
The Aero is actually pretty well equipped; but has a few weight-savings things; no spare, smaller gas-tank, etc.

That said.. I'm glad I have my Limited the way I wanted it. 1.4L Turbo, MANUAL. -_-
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,109 Posts
The 1.4L isn't going away, it's still in the Fiat Turbo and Abarth, so I don't think parts availability should become a problem anytime soon.

I still also disagree that a 6-speed transmission is not good enough to get the gas great gas mileage. There are other manufacturers using 6-speed automatics and achieving significantly better gas mileage in the compact and midsize class. It's in the engine, and the tuning of the engine/transmission together, from what I can gather as an uneducated outsider, just merely an industry observer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,688 Posts
srt4evah said:
The 1.4L isn't going away, it's still in the Fiat Turbo and Abarth, so I don't think parts availability should become a problem anytime soon.

I still also disagree that a 6-speed transmission is not good enough to get the gas great gas mileage. There are other manufacturers using 6-speed automatics and achieving significantly better gas mileage in the compact and midsize class. It's in the engine, and the tuning of the engine/transmission together, from what I can gather as an uneducated outsider, just merely an industry observer.
With shoe on the other foot, could the transaxle programming with the six-speed auto be affected by those extra few pounds the Dart is pulling? Could it have been Just enough to hold back reaching a slight bit better fuel mileage ( I ask Rhetorically ) ?
 
1 - 20 of 98 Posts
Top