2015 Dodge Challenger car specifications (needs update)
Engines (except Challenger R/T Classic car)
The 392 Hemi takes 0W-40 synthetic oil, an unusual requirement. It has pushrod-activated overhead valves (sodium filled exhaust, hollow-stem intake), with 16 conventional hydraulic lifters using roller tips.
Fuel injection is returnless; the automatic cuts the fuel supply when coasting when certain conditions are met. The block is a deep-skirt, cast iron design with cross-bolted main bearing caps and aluminum alloy heads. Oil capacity is 7 quarts, coolant is 14 quarts; bore and stroke is 4.09 x 3.72 inches.
Gearing / transmissions
| || Challenger |
| Charger R/T||Scat Pack||1970 Dodge|
|0-60 ||~6.6 ? ||"Mid 5s"|| ||n/a|
305 / 268
|372-375 / 400-410||470 / 470||425/490|
|Weight (lb)||3,834||4,082||?||to 3,336|
|2014 Chall. weight||3,720||4,132||? (vs SRT)|| |
|Weight distribution||52/48||54/46||?|| |
The six speed manual was used on V8 cars only - a Tremec TR-6060 with ZF-Sachs 240mm twin-disc clutch. It had a triple cone synchronizer design in first and second gears, with double cones in higher gears; it used 1-4 skip shift and reverse inhibit solenoids. Gear ratios did not change from 2010 to 2015
The front suspension is an independent short-long arm with high upper A arm, coil springs over gas charged monotube shock absorbers and solid stabilizer bar with lateral and diagonal lower links with dual ball joint knuckles.
Rear suspension is a five link independent design with coil springs, gas charged monotube shocks, solid stabilizer bar, and isolated suspension cradle.
Starting in 2011, electro-hydraulic power steering was used on SE and R/T models (SRT8 remained hydraulic.) In 2015, full electric power steering was used on all the Dodges.
Frontal area and drag coefficient are a bit complex:
|Car specification||cD (coefficient of drag)|
|2009-2010 Challenger SE||0.350|
|2011+ Challenger SE||0.360 - 0.372|
|2009-10 Challenger R/T||0.350 - 0.355|
|2011+ Challenger R/T||0.348 - 0.360|
* 17 inch wheels were not used in 2011 or beyond
Specifications that did not change by model or by year:
|Car specification||Dodge Challenger|
|Wheelbase||not yet released|
|Track, F/R||not yet released|
|Length x width ||not yet released|
|Height||not yet released|
|Headroom, F/R||39.3 / 37.1|
|Legroom, F/R||42.0 / 33.1 (up 1/2")|
|Shoulder room, F/R||58.5 / 53.9|
|Hip room, F/R||55.3 / 47.8|
|Seat travel||Driver, 10.0; |
|SAE front/rear |
|55.8 / 37.9 cubic ft|
|Interior volume, EPA index||110 cubic feet|
|SAE cargo volume||16.2 cubic ft (0.459 c.m.)|
|Trunk liftover height||33.2|
|Battery and alternator||625 CCA, 160 amp |
(180 opt, 220 Scat Pack)
The steering ratio is 12.3:1; the standard cars have a 37.4 foot turning diameter, with the 392 cars having a 38.8 foot turning diameter.
Models and (When Available) Pricing
| ||V6||5.7 V8|
|Power||305 @ 6,350||375 @ 5150||372 @ 5200||470 @ 6,000||680?|
|Torque||268 @ 4,800||410 @ 4300||400 @ 4400||470 @ 4,200||640?|
|Axle Ratios||2.62 (3.08 opt)||3.08||3.08||3.09|| |
|Overall Top Gear||1.76 (2.06)||2.06||2.06||2.07|| |
The 2015 Dodge Challenger SXT
starts with the 305 hp V6 and eight-speed automatic; it also includes the LED tail lamps, automatic projector headlamps, power body-color folding heated mirrors, two-speed variable intermittent wipers, bright fuel door, and P235/55R18 BSW all-season performance tires.
Inside, the 2015 Challenger has a black interior, the 7-inch configurable display
, six-way power driver's seat, Uconnect 5-inch touchscreen display with AM/ FM/Bluetooth, media hub with SD card, USB and auxiliary inputs, six premium speakers, 160 mph speedometer, keyless entry, push button start, rear 60/40 split-folding rear bench with armrest and cup holders, leather-wrapped shift knob and manual tilt-and-telescoping steering wheel with controls, 12-volt power outlet, front and rear climate control outlets, LED illumination, automatic dual-zone temperature controls, cabin-air filtration, floor mats, and auto-dimming rearview mirrors with microphones.
Standard safety features include seven airbags, Bluetooth handsfree phone setup, four-wheel anti-lock brakes, traction control, electronic brake-force distribution, and stability control.
The Challenger SXT Plus
adds a deck-lid spoiler with backup camera, projector fog lamps, mesh-pattern aluminum bezels, 8.4-inch touchscreen display, Uconnect Access with 9-1-1 call/Assist Call, six Alpine speakers with subwoofer and 509-watt digital amplifier, heated and ventilated front seats, leather-wrapped power tilt-and-telescoping steering wheel, four-way power lumbar adjustment, garage door opener, and P245/45R20 BSW all-season performance tires.
The 2015 Dodge Challenger R/T
adds the 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine, Tremec six-speed manual transmission, 3.90 limited-slip rear-axle ratio, 5-inch touchscreen display, fog lamps, and P245/45R20 BSW all-season performance tires. The eight-speed is optional.
The new Challenger R/T Shaker
adds a functional Shaker hood with cold-air induction and Mopar conical air filter, Shaker hood badge, black deck-lid spoiler with backup camera, black fuel-filler door, Dodge Performance Pages with driver configuration modes to adjust steering
and engine response, 230 mm rear axle with limited-slip differential, black cloth performance seats with Ballistic 2 inserts and Tungsten accent stitching, four-way power lumbar adjustment, and P245/45ZR20 BSW three-season performance tires.
The 2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus
adds Nappa leather seating, heated and ventilated front seats, Dodge Performance pages, leather-wrapped steering wheel with power tilt-and-telescoping, bright chrome fuel-filler door, 230 mm rear axle with limited-slip differential, and P245/45ZR20 BSW three-season performance tires with the Super Track Pak Group.
The Challenger R/T Classic Package
adds classic "Challenger" script on the fenders, classic-styled wheels, and Nappa leather performance seats with Axis II suede inserts.
The Challenger R/T Plus Shaker
adds the Shaker hood with cold-air induction and Mopar conical air filter, black deck-lid spoiler, backup camera, split black grille, black fuel door, dark brushed aluminum bezels, and Nappa leather performance seats with "Shaker" logos.
Adding to the R/T Plus, the 2015 Dodge Challenger 6.4-liter Scat Pack
adds a 6.4-liter HEMI V-8 engine with 470 horsepower, Tremec six-speed manual transmission, 180 mph speedometer, high-performance suspension, active stainless steel performance dual exhaust system, 220-amp alternator, Scat Pack striping, high-intensity discharge (HID) headlamps, Brembo four-piston high-performance brake package, and new 20-by-9-inch polished aluminum wheels with three-season performance tires.
The SRT adds six-piston fixed monoblock front calipers, 15.4 x 1.34 two-pice vented/slotted aluminum-hat rotors, and more. For more, see our 2015 SRT Hellcat and 392 page.
The Challenger 392 HEMI Scat Pack Shaker
adds an exposed functional shaker hood with engine-mounted high-flow cold-air induction.
For 2015, colors include Sublime Green, B5 Blue, Bright White Clear Coat, Redline Red, Pitch Black Clear Coat, Granite Crystal Metallic Clear Coat, Billet Silver Metallic Clear Coat, Jazz Blue Pearl Coat, Torred Clear Coat, Phantom Black, and Ivory White Tri-coat. There are numerous stripes and optional wheels as well.
The 2015 Dodge Challenger is loaded with safety systems, with new features including Chrysler's own lane-change and rear cross path alerts, adaptive cruise control, lane departure warnings, and a forward collision warning system.
Standard and optional features include:
- Assist Call: Mirror-mounted buttons for emergency services, roadside assistance, customer service, and non-collision emergencies
- Adaptive Cruise Control-Plus can bring the vehicle to a full stop without driver intervention under certain conditions; normally it provides a distance-based cruise control, using forward sensors.
- All-row full-length side-curtain air bags extend protection to all outboard front- and rear-seat passengers. Each side air bag has its own impact sensor that autonomously triggers the air bag on the side where an impact occurs.
- Anti-lock brakes detect rough roads by the oscillations in the wheel speed signals; when rough roads or off-road driving is detected, ABS holds the brake pressure for longer pulses
- Auto-dimming driver's side and rear-view mirrors
- Automatic headlamps and automatic high-beam headlamps
- Blind-spot Monitoring (BSM): Uses dual radar sensors to notify the driver of vehicle(s) in their blind spot via lights on the side-view mirror and/or a chime.
- In an emergency brake situation, the system applies maximum braking power (based on research that in many accidents, at least one driver didn't hit the brakes with full force). The brake-throttle override cuts engine-power output until the vehicle stops or the driver lifts their foot from the brakes, to prevent runaways.
- The brake-lock differential system allows forward motion if one or two wheels lose traction, by selectively and aggressively applying brakes to the spinning wheels. Brake traction-control system keeps driving wheels from spinning during acceleration by applying individual brakes to the slipping wheel(s). Electronic brake-force distribution regulates braking pressure, front-to-rear.
- Electronic locking fuel filler doors prevent theft or tampering.
- Electronic stability control with roll prevention
- Enhanced Accident Response System (EARS): makes it easier for emergency personnel to see and reach occupants in the event of an accident by turning on the interior lighting and unlocking doors after air bag deployment. It also shuts off flow of fuel to the engine.
- Forward Collision Warning-Plus uses radar and video sensors to detect whether the Challenger is approaching another vehicle or large obstacle in its path too rapidly, and warns or helps the driver to avoid the incident (video sensors are new to the system).
- Front seat-belt adaptive/active load limiters optimize chest loading in an impact event, while impact sensors cause front seat-belt pretensioners to remove slack in an accident.
- Hill-start Assist (HSA) keeps the brakes on briefly, after the driver's foot is moved from the pedal, to easily allow "non rollback" on hills.
- Lane Departure Warning-Plus leverages electronic power steering (EPS) to deliver a torque-input to alert and assist the driver with corrective action.
- LED tail-lamps activate instantly and grab attention more readily than traditional bulbs.
- Rear park assist systems use ultrasonic sensors at low speeds in reverse, to detect stationary objects.
- Rain Brake Support occasionally pushes the brake pads lightly against brake rotors in rainy conditions, to keep rotors dry.
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Reactive head restraints deploy in the event of a rear collision, minimizing the gap between the head restraint and the passenger's head.
- Ready Alert Braking moves the brake pads closer to the rotors to allow faster braking when a collision is imminent.
- Rear Cross Path (RCP) detection warns drivers backing out of parking spaces when traffic is moving towards their vehicle.
- Tilt-and-telescoping steering column
Spread the word
We make no guarantees regarding validity or accuracy of information, predictions, or advice - .
Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved. Dodge, Jeep, Chrysler, Ram, and Mopar are trademarks of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles.