Allpar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,477 Posts
Looks as though it will (or could) be basically the same. I don't know if it would be a simple task to tone down the front end and still retain the current identity. For the front to match the rest of the vehicles' styling theme it would need a much more radical revamp.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,886 Posts
Charger Red said:
Looks as though it will (or could) be basically the same. I don't know if it would be a simple task to tone down the front end and still retain the current identity. For the front to match the rest of the vehicles' styling theme it would need a much more radical revamp.
This looks like they are testing a new nose/grille for airflow and cooling. Ignore that it is grafted to an existing design.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
Hahah Was going to say the same thing.. Maybe they waited to post these pictures.. If you look at the front you would think if it was a "facelift" the whole front would be covered not just the front bumper.... It's definitely testing the cooling in the front...
 

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
Joined
·
8,808 Posts
TripleT said:
I am hoping the soften the scallops in the side just a bit
I wouldn't count on it. If they're trying to make Dodge the sport brand, then scallops and scoops and body cladding are probably going to be the norm on various vehicles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,125 Posts
Man...

300hp base Charger
380hp Option Charger
480hp Option Charger...
and now...
...a 600+HP Charger

I tell you, THESE are the glory days, 1970 be damned.

And, these things turn, and stop far better, and are far more relaible, and comfortable, and much safer. I love the march of technology.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,183 Posts
Muther said:
Man...

300hp base Charger
380hp Option Charger
480hp Option Charger...
and now...
...a 600+HP Charger

I tell you, THESE are the glory days, 1970 be damned.

And, these things turn, and stop far better, and are far more relaible, and comfortable, and much safer. I love the march of technology.
310hp V6
400hp R/T
500hp 392SRT
600-700hp 6.2SC..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
783 Posts
TripleT said:
I am hoping the soften the scallops in the side just a bit
I thought the same thing but I also thought the hood need ing a little siftening, UNTIL I bought my 2012. I catch myself glancing at the very parts of the car that I thought I wasn't going to like and love them more than anything else on the vehicle. I still want to add the factory fog lamps and rear spoiler and have a few custom badges and the red white and blue Fratzog from a 72 Charger SE I am putting on the car but I find the parts I love about my new car is the front, hood, side and rear, and the interior is nicer than my 06 and the 8 speed is awesome.
 

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
Joined
·
40,281 Posts
Yeah, what car in 1970 had a base model with 292 horsepower and 0-60 of 6.6 seconds? With an automatic?

(Dodge Charger Daytona and Plymouth Superbird, I guess, but you know what I mean.)

The 2.0 Dart trounces the slant six Darts... and probably the 318 B-bodies. I'd have to look that up ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,125 Posts
Could somebody do a model for model comparison 1970(or so) to today? Mopar to Mopar, and then do a Ford to Chevy to Mopar for today. I bet Today's Mpar smokes Ford and Chevy today, on a model per model.

It would make a decent news thingy, too.
 
1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top