Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Looks as though it will (or could) be basically the same. I don't know if it would be a simple task to tone down the front end and still retain the current identity. For the front to match the rest of the vehicles' styling theme it would need a much more radical revamp.

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
Charger Red said:
Looks as though it will (or could) be basically the same. I don't know if it would be a simple task to tone down the front end and still retain the current identity. For the front to match the rest of the vehicles' styling theme it would need a much more radical revamp.
This looks like they are testing a new nose/grille for airflow and cooling. Ignore that it is grafted to an existing design.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yeah I'm thinking its the same testing going on as the Challenger.. looks like its the Hellcat testing is in full swing for SRT..

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Like the song says...

"Things that make you go, HMMMM..."

Is there anything in the photo's that would point to engine output?

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SRTaholic said:
Yeah I'm thinking its the same testing going on as the Challenger.. looks like its the Hellcat testing is in full swing for SRT..
Plus they wouldnt be using a SRT model if it was judt a "facelift"

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hahah Was going to say the same thing.. Maybe they waited to post these pictures.. If you look at the front you would think if it was a "facelift" the whole front would be covered not just the front bumper.... It's definitely testing the cooling in the front...

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
I am hoping the soften the scallops in the side just a bit

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
TripleT said:
I wouldn't count on it. If they're trying to make Dodge the sport brand, then scallops and scoops and body cladding are probably going to be the norm on various vehicles.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Man...

300hp base Charger
380hp Option Charger
480hp Option Charger...
and now...
...a 600+HP Charger

I tell you, THESE are the glory days, 1970 be damned.

And, these things turn, and stop far better, and are far more relaible, and comfortable, and much safer. I love the march of technology.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Muther said:
Man...

300hp base Charger
380hp Option Charger
480hp Option Charger...
and now...
...a 600+HP Charger

I tell you, THESE are the glory days, 1970 be damned.

And, these things turn, and stop far better, and are far more relaible, and comfortable, and much safer. I love the march of technology.
310hp V6
400hp R/T
500hp 392SRT
600-700hp 6.2SC..

·
Registered
783 Posts
TripleT said:
I thought the same thing but I also thought the hood need ing a little siftening, UNTIL I bought my 2012. I catch myself glancing at the very parts of the car that I thought I wasn't going to like and love them more than anything else on the vehicle. I still want to add the factory fog lamps and rear spoiler and have a few custom badges and the red white and blue Fratzog from a 72 Charger SE I am putting on the car but I find the parts I love about my new car is the front, hood, side and rear, and the interior is nicer than my 06 and the 8 speed is awesome.

·
Administrator
35,285 Posts
Yeah, what car in 1970 had a base model with 292 horsepower and 0-60 of 6.6 seconds? With an automatic?

(Dodge Charger Daytona and Plymouth Superbird, I guess, but you know what I mean.)

The 2.0 Dart trounces the slant six Darts... and probably the 318 B-bodies. I'd have to look that up ;)

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Could somebody do a model for model comparison 1970(or so) to today? Mopar to Mopar, and then do a Ford to Chevy to Mopar for today. I bet Today's Mpar smokes Ford and Chevy today, on a model per model.

It would make a decent news thingy, too.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I've put this is sketch mode.. and some interesting details emerge that the bra hides... Note the slope in the grill roof.. and what exactly is that in the psgr side headlight?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts