Allpar Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new 2016 Ram 2500 and having issues with the throttle. The other day I went to change lanes, l let up on the throttle then reapplied throttle and the pedal was dead for around 1-1.5 sec. I was nearly in an accident from this. Has anybody else had this problem and if so what was the cure?

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
22,974 Posts
What engine?

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
22,974 Posts
Has the severe hesitation happened since or can you duplicate it if necessary for a service technician on a road test?

The vehicle's build date should be on a label on your drivers door. The MDH (month, day, hour) number will tell you when it was built.

There was a small PCM recall (R52) for very early build 2016 6.7L trucks from Saltillo assembly. It was for trucks built from 7/31/15 to 8/13/15 or MDH 0731xx to 0813xx.

There was also a TSB # 18-027-16C that was released in June for 2016 6.7L trucks built before 4/8/16 or MDH 0408xx. It seems more likely this is what you need.
This Technical Service Bulletin is new software for the PCM and addresses engine noise improvements, engine hesitation improvements, fuel economy improvements and 68RFE shift quality improvements.

The dealer will be able to look up your truck in the Chrysler database to see if it is eligibile for this TSB.

I hope that this may be your whole hesitation problem. At least it is the first and easiest thing to try that comes to mind. Let us know.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I know from my experience with my 2013 Cummins, that torque management doesn't like lots of throttle especially going from past half to none and back to full. The downside to having all that torque is you got to be careful of how you apply it. The nanny doesn't like to allow abuse thanks to people grenading parts with shenanigans and trying to get it covered. Not saying there isn't a problem, but torque management is very picky and you got to adapt to it, it won't adapt to you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Has the severe hesitation happened since or can you duplicate it if necessary for a service technician on a road test?

The vehicle's build date should be on a label on your drivers door. The MDH (month, day, hour) number will tell you when it was built.

There was a small PCM recall (R52) for very early build 2016 6.7L trucks from Saltillo assembly. It was for trucks built from 7/31/15 to 8/13/15 or MDH 0731xx to 0813xx.

There was also a TSB # 18-027-16C that was released in June for 2016 6.7L trucks built before 4/8/16 or MDH 0408xx. It seems more likely this is what you need.
This Technical Service Bulletin is new software for the PCM and addresses engine noise improvements, engine hesitation improvements, fuel economy improvements and 68RFE shift quality improvements.

The dealer will be able to look up your truck in the Chrysler database to see if it is eligibile for this TSB.

I hope that this may be your whole hesitation problem. At least it is the first and easiest thing to try that comes to mind. Let us know.

It is an early build 2016. I ordered it and I think it came in right around the 1st of December. It took around 43 days to receive it after the order was placed. Ill check into the pcm flash. The trans does shift kinda weird. Sometimes when accelerating it will jump from 2 to 4th gear or something like that. The throttle delay is most noticeable around 35-40 mph. If you let off and re-apply its dead. Its the 68rfe with 3.42 gears

1 - 6 of 6 Posts