Allpar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months ago, my UConnect GPS stopped working and claims it needs to be reloaded.

A couple weeks after that, I was driving down the interstate, using cruise control. I pressed the "cancel" button to slow down. When I pressed the "set" button it acted like the cruise "on/off" button and would not set cruise. I got home fine. Next time I started and attempted cruise control, it worked as it should.

About a month ago, I was driving down the road and my red circle LED security light came on. I was able to get to my destination. I came back out 20 minutes later, it started, no security light and appeared to work just fine.

Last night, after using the car with multiple errands all day, I got in, hit "start" and everything went dark (lights, dash, everything). I did a hard reset - removed both battery cables and let it sit overnight. This morning, I reconnected cables (after testing battery with voltmeter). I heard clicking from fuse box and dash was flashing multiple icons/displays, including the thermostat display and central control display. I disconnected the battery again and ziptied the cables together.

It appears over the past few months, I have had a slew of issues associated with the electrical system. Any advice? Obviously, I am most concerned with the most recent development at the moment.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Get it to a dealer while it still has warranty coverage. If you try to fix it yourself that may present warranty issues.

·
Super Moderator
21,400 Posts
Welcome to Allpar. There may be more than one cause for the problems as none of them really seem related to each other.
Begin at the battery and move to the Power Distribution Center (Fuse/Relay/TIPM) box for the last issue.
There may be useful fault codes stored in some modules to help diagnose this.
The NAV/GPS have been getting OTA (over the air) updates. Perhaps it was in the middle of an update? There may be a TSB 08-002-17B for radio software enhancements:
NUMBER: 08-002-17 REV. B
GROUP: Electrical
DATE: February 07, 2017

SUBJECT:
RHB Navigation Software Enhancements
OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves reprogramming the RHB radios with the latest available navigation
software.
MODELS:
2013 - 2017 (JK) Jeep Wrangler
2013 - 2017 (RT) Chrysler Town and Country/Dodge Caravan
2013 - 2017 (MK) Jeep Compass/Patriot

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
The following software enhancement is available:
This software update will prevent the navigation screen from locking up, a black or blank display, or the messages "maps not unlocked", "can't unlock maps", "no detailed maps available", or "maps locked, detailed maps needed"."

There may be a PCM update TSB # 18-064-18 as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to Allpar. There may be more than one cause for the problems as none of them really seem related to each other.
Begin at the battery and move to the Power Distribution Center (Fuse/Relay/TIPM) box for the last issue.
There may be useful fault codes stored in some modules to help diagnose this.

Thank you for the information. I will see what more I can find with the battery and PDC.

Then I will move onto GPS, etc. I know I found some updates, etc. on UConnect website as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts