Allpar Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car in question is a 2018 Chrysler 300S AWD 3.6 with 45k miles. The car has the 8.4 Navigation system. However, the car shows no satellites on the info screen which means location, direction travelled, time are all off. All other features are working fine in the radio.
Owner of the car has been manually setting time and using CarPlay instead of the built in nav. I am interested in buying this car but would like to factor this repair into my offer. I see three things mentioned so far in online searches:
1) Updated software. The Unconnect site says the radi is up to date.
2) GPS antenna failure. Possible easy fix. GPS antenna is separate form Sirius antenna on this car.
3) The radio is the failure point and needs repaired replaced. Probably not cheap. I've reached out to a radio repair company for their opinion.

has anyone else ran into the no satellite issue on the 8.4N radios?

·
Super Moderator
40,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried a couple of things based on the items from @ImperialCrown .
1) I removed the radio and plugged and unplugged the antenna connector.
2) I also tried to see if the antenna connector was loose. It was not. I'll try another antenna as soon as I find my spare on in my box of parts.
But I suspect it is bad radio unit.
However, the car drove so nice (even on the 45k mile old Michelin tires) I still bought it - factoring in the cost of the new tires and possible radio repair/replacement.
It also helped that my buddy at CarMax wanted my Wrangler really bad. Like the Pacifica, Grand Cherokee, and now the Wrangler - I bought each, drove for several months and thousands of miles and got what I paid, if not a little more, when I sold them.

·
Super Moderator
40,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting development. The car was still under an extended warranty that covers the radio.The owner called the warranty company and was given approval to take the car to the dealer for repair.
It delays my purchase but saves me money.

·
Super Moderator
40,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still waiting on the dealer appointment, but here is the car. Beautiful in this color, other than the dark wheels but I can live with them.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.