·
The "Front-Line" Perspective
3,245 Posts
Reactions: James A

·
Super Moderator
6,894 Posts
View attachment 14563

My God does that not share a lot from the production DT?
I thought I was crazy for thinking that too.

General headlight shape, bulging fenders, kick up at the rear of the window, split tailgate... Although it looks like a midsize truck judging from the Colorado and other competition posted at the top of the board.

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
Registered
242 Posts
This is all good, but is there any further info on the possible smaller coupe, designed to more directly compete with the Mustang and Camaro? I'm guessing from reading between the lines with some of the insider info that it will be that car, not the next Challenger that will be the F22 Raptor-influenced liftback...

·
Super Moderator
6,894 Posts
This is all good, but is there any further info on the possible smaller coupe, designed to more directly compete with the Mustang and Camaro? I'm guessing from reading between the lines with some of the insider info that it will be that car, not the next Challenger that will be the F22 Raptor-influenced liftback...
The only smaller vehicle that I know of that has been discussed on here is a sedan.

·
Registered
242 Posts
The only smaller vehicle that I know of that has been discussed on here is a sedan.
Yes, but some time back someone was lamenting the G-body Challenger not being as retro as the current Challenger, and one of the insiders said "[they had] nothing to worry about". Then in December, this Allpar News page was updated with info about a possible coupe counterpart to the midsize RWD sedan, "if the market demands it". Seeing as how both Mustang and Camaro are both selling pretty well and a major sales dropoff for either one is unlikely at best, I don't see how the market wouldn't demand it.

Personally, as one who likes the Challenger's size for its practicality over the Mustang and Camaro but dislikes it for its slight unwieldiness in traffic/dense suburbs (like where I often drive), and one who often laments that I was too young to have owned/driven a Dodge Daytona (I was 11 when the last ones rolled off the line and by the time I entered the market, all of the PA registered models were rusting in pieces in junkyards due to our state's liberal use of road salt), I'd be interested in a RWD liftback coupe...

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Yes, but some time back someone was lamenting the G-body Challenger not being as retro as the current Challenger, and one of the insiders said "[they had] nothing to worry about". Then in December, this Allpar News page was updated with info about a possible coupe counterpart to the midsize RWD sedan, "if the market demands it". Seeing as how both Mustang and Camaro are both selling pretty well and a major sales dropoff for either one is unlikely at best, I don't see how the market wouldn't demand it.

Personally, as one who likes the Challenger's size for its practicality over the Mustang and Camaro but dislikes it for its slight unwieldiness in traffic/dense suburbs (like where I often drive), and one who often laments that I was too young to have owned/driven a Dodge Daytona (I was 11 when the last ones rolled off the line and by the time I entered the market, all of the PA registered models were rusting in pieces in junkyards due to our state's liberal use of road salt), I'd be interested in a RWD liftback coupe...
So something along the lines of a 2-door Kia Stinger?

·
Registered
789 Posts

I remember this distinctly.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Reading between the lines it sounds like the F-22 look was canned, but I may have got that wrong.
Last I heard they are doing a play on the current "bandit" look... maybe with some F22? Not sure about the F22 but def was told by an insider that they are going with a new play on the bandit face.

·
Registered
300 Posts

Return of the stealth? Most likely not but that would be so nice.

·
Mopar Guru!
12,767 Posts
Last I heard they are doing a play on the current "bandit" look... maybe with some F22? Not sure about the F22 but def was told by an insider that they are going with a new play on the bandit face.
Correct... the "bandit" grilles are the new face of the Dodge cars... the crosshairs will be gone totally after 2020.

upload_2018-2-20_9-36-58.png

upload_2018-2-20_9-38-9.png

upload_2018-2-20_9-38-58.png

The reason why it's called the "bandit" look, is because it looks like a old wild west bank robber (bandit) with their bandana up on their face.

upload_2018-2-20_9-44-15.png

81 - 100 of 1488 Posts