Allpar Forums banner

101 - 120 of 1488 Posts

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Could the new engine meant for 2019 to be Pentastar with BSG?

·
Registered
6,726 Posts
You're not supposed to... thus explains the blurriness.
Hey, I was a teenager in the early cable days of the '80's. Scrambled blurry pictures still made me warm and fuzzy.:D

Reactions: James A

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Pushed Back...300 goes in 2020 then Charger in 2021 followed by Challenger in 2022. Replacements to follow in 2021, 2022, 2023.
So the current design at that time will be:
300 will be 5 years.
Charger will be 6years.
Challenger will be 7 years.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Jesus by the time they get these cars on GUS it will be a dated chassis or are they going on they going on Maseratis revised L chassis.

·
Super Moderator
36,919 Posts
Jesus by the time they get these cars on GUS it will be a dated chassis or are they going on they going on Maseratis revised L chassis.
I guessed they’d go as soon as the Alfa was revised so the Dodge would be using Alfa hand-me-downs. Keeps Alfa exclusive.

·
Registered
958 Posts
This is what I feared and looks like it will become true if they do use a ‘revised’ GUS - it’s first gen parts they’ve beaten a discount out of their suppliers for the next generation L cars, while Alfa will be getting 2nd generation GUS parts come 2021.

Would love for the insiders to come in and shoot this one down with an explicit statement that there will be technical parity between the parts used in the next L cars and the 2021+ Alfa cars.

This really kind of sets the tone going forward - if it’s not a Ram or Wrangler (of which there is no Alfa Maesarati equivalent), you’ll be getting hand be down parts from Alfa/Maesarati platforms starting in 2020.

·
Registered
976 Posts
This is what I feared and looks like it will become true if they do use a ‘revised’ GUS - it’s first gen parts they’ve beaten a discount out of their suppliers for the next generation L cars, while Alfa will be getting 2nd generation GUS parts come 2021.

Would love for the insiders to come in and shoot this one down with an explicit statement that there will be technical parity between the parts used in the next L cars and the 2021+ Alfa cars.

This really kind of sets the tone going forward - if it’s not a Ram or Wrangler (of which there is no Alfa Maesarati equivalent), you’ll be getting hand be down parts from Alfa/Maesarati platforms starting in 2020.
Puts a sour taste in ur mouth.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Pushed Back...300 goes in 2020 then Charger in 2021 followed by Challenger in 2022. Replacements to follow in 2021, 2022, 2023.
OK so I'm lost. Are models getting refreshed in 2020,2021and 2022 then a complete redesign in 2021,22,23. This is new news that was just laid down.

Because this is a contradiction to what's been posted as recently as yesterday

Just to get this straight
The challenger charger and 300 are due to get a refresh again, the on again off again refresh or is this just old news that someone brought to light that did not get the current updates. Secondly theres a NA 7.0l coming to charger and challenger this gen. Either this poster don't know what their talking about or they know alot more than most, or that the past 24 hours was very informative. @Mike V. @oh2o @redriderbob your the insiders that I listen to for the past few years can you give some feedback to the prior post.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
OK so I'm lost. Are models getting refreshed in 2020,2021and 2022 then a complete redesign in 2021,22,23. This is new news that was just laid down.

Because this is a contradiction to what's been posted as recently as yesterday

Just to get this straight
The challenger charger and 300 are due to get a refresh again, the on again off again refresh or is this just old news that someone brought to light that did not get the current updates. Secondly theres a NA 7.0l coming to charger and challenger this gen. Either this poster don't know what their talking about or they know alot more than most, or that the past 24 hours was very informative. @Mike V. @oh2o @redriderbob your the insiders that I listen to for the past few years can you give some feedback to the prior post.
ResumeSpeed is one of very few accurate insiders

101 - 120 of 1488 Posts