Allpar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Charger Pursuit AWD
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fleet has the new 2019 Durango Pursuit up on its website.

These are true AHB Pursuit-Rated police vehicles, and they will be offered in V6 and V8 models, with standard AWD.

Of interest, V6 models will be available with dual exhaust, which adds all of 5 nhp.
Also of note, rotors are 350/320, front/rear. While the cars are tied down pretty tight (about 120 mph), I'm hoping this doesn't present a problem with the 5200 lb V8 model. The 4,300 lb AWD Charger Pursuit has much larger brakes, but also runs over 30 mph faster on top.

Full towing packages are available, and like the SSV, 3rd row seating is not available.

We can expect to see very aggressive bid pricing from Fleet. This program was approved from way up top, and I think they're going WOT after Ford. Mopower to 'em !!!

Law Enforcement Vehicles - FCA Fleet (at https://www.fcausfleet.com/law-enforcement-vehicles.html )

·
Super Moderator
13,931 Posts
Needless to say: I hope that Mopar did its homework on the Durango's brakes since the earlier LX Charger as well as the Intrepid had problems with then during acual police service.

·
Premium Member
2017 Charger Pursuit AWD
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Needless to say: I hope that Mopar did its homework on the Durango's brakes since the earlier LX Charger as well as the Intrepid had problems with then during acual police service.
I think that's why they kept the top speed down to 118 mph (for now). We'll see how they do in official testing this fall. They did well in unofficial tests for 2018.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts