Allpar Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Argue the semantics of "gouging" all you want, your image shows a 6k increase in price with pretty much nothing new to justify it. It's fair to be annoyed IMO
James A.,

After adjusting for inflation (see Bank of Canada numbers below) and even without a detailed comparison of each year’s standard equipment, is a $1,600 difference “gouging”?

·
Registered
814 Posts
James A.,

After adjusting for inflation (see Bank of Canada numbers below) and even without a detailed comparison of each year’s standard equipment, is a $1,600 difference “gouging”?

Your CPI calculator is not a very good, or reliable, basis for the argument IMO. A US Bureau of Labor and Stats calculator will show similar CPI inflation rates yet the scat hasn't gone up in relation to that rate here in the US, unless I'm mistaken... So CPI inflation methodology is not telling the pricing story. The RT in the US has gone up 3k (before destination) and has gotten nothing but a hand me down body kit. We are paying for that bandit face - not inflation. So, I'd still argue that the Canadian price isn't necessarily rising because of inflation and a Canadian buyer is not out of line being annoyed with a 6k price increase on a car that has gone unchanged for 6 years. Maybe there is another factor in the Canadian price hikes?

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
January incentives in Canada
To drive more power into your showrooms, FCA Canada is pleased to offer the Power Dollar Days Cash Program offering customers the opportunity to receive Sl5 per horsepower on the 2018/2019 Dodge Charger and Dodge Challenger! With cash discounts of up to $12,120, be sure to empower your staff to drive aggressive price points on the fastest, quickest and most powerful sedan ever, the Dodge Charger, and the fastest, most powerful muscle car ever, the Dodge Challenger!

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
2020 in Canada $5,500 + $2,500 EBC + 2.99%
2021 in Canada $2,500 EBC + 2.99%

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I would think the price increase is due to the increase in labor costs???
Didn't FCA sign a new contract with Brampton this year? Got to pay for it somehow.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Kinda off topic, but has FCA said anything about when/if the Uconnect 5 will be added to this platform? Seeing how they have no immediate plans to heavily refresh or update the platform I’d imagine it would happen in the 2022 models.

·
Registered
12,982 Posts
Kinda off topic, but has FCA said anything about when/if the Uconnect 5 will be added to this platform? Seeing how they have no immediate plans to heavily refresh or update the platform I’d imagine it would happen in the 2022 models.
FCA is investing $50 million into Brampton. It seems slated for more stickers and colors than infotainment

Reactions: thebluegoat

·
Registered
27 Posts
FCA is investing $50 million into Brampton. It seems slated for more stickers and colors than infotainment
Wow, didn't know they planned on updating Brampton. Seems odd that they would update that plant without a new platform on the horizon. The Charger, Challenger, and 300 are the only vehicles currently being produced there correct?

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
The Cars are most likely getting Interior Updates similar to the Durango, untill the next Generation on LX come out... that wouldnt need Billions of $$ of investments.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts