1 - 20 of 353 Posts

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
Looks Nice! I wish they had more details on Powertrains.
Same powertrains - 3.6 Pentastar V6 and 5.7 Hemi V8 mated to 8 speed automatic

Same three types of Four Wheel drive systems

Same Air Suspension system

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
They are finally moving away from Harman sound systems. Some reviews were not positive.

McIntosh for Jeeps. They will use Italian brand Sonus Faber for Maserati. Both are part of McIntosh Group.

View attachment 73323
I have supplied speaker grilles to McIntosh in the past. They are a top tier company.

·
Jeepaholic
5,714 Posts
Nice looking vehicle, I like it in red, definitely looks like a Grand Cherokee. I only wish it had arrived sooner.

Reactions: Cordoba_guy!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
It looks like that Durango in your logo isn't long for this world.
Durango will be around for another 3 or 4 years. They've got every possible price point/offering covered in the most lucrative automotive segment in the most profitable automotive market in the world.

I know the vehicles everyone here pine for aren't necessarily SUVs - if Dodge/Chrysler are to be reborn, hope/pray these Jeeps succeed. I think they will.

New Dodge/Chrysler product is coming - we now have stability as the 3rd largest global automaker, and good margins. Now that the scale issue is solved, we can begin to tackle the quality/lower price points. I know it took longer than people have wanted, but Stellantis just guaranteed Jeep/Dodge/Chryser will be around for the next 100 years by being a very profitable global automaker.

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
How they price the Laredo trim will determine how much the Grand Cherokee L cuts into Durango sales as well.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Important to have actual quality interiors. Diamond stitch is dated a bit, but Still nice. They seem to be chasing Audi and Mercedes here, but Range Rover or Volvo maybe Tesla’s simplistic/stylistic design would fit better.
that being said, what they have looks real good too

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
My first thought on this was it was very much aimed at Range Rover, then perhaps Audi. Mercedes goes for a kind of "budget no-brand boombox" aesthetic these days across all its vehicles.

Tesla is a completely different thing (and a very cheap one, when you get down to it), and it wouldn't fit with Jeep - not enough tactile controls. I really like that Jeep's designers have put the physical buttons in places where your hand naturally falls, like along the top edge of the display screen. This kind of thought to ergonomics is getting rarer and rarer in car interior design as manufacturers rush to the cost-saving promises of sticking touchscreens everywhere.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
New Dodge/Chrysler product is coming - we now have stability as the 3rd largest global automaker, and good margins. Now that the scale issue is solved, we can begin to tackle the quality/lower price points. I know it took longer than people have wanted, but Stellantis just guaranteed Jeep/Dodge/Chryser will be around for the next 100 years by being a very profitable global automaker.
Not quite. Press mostly say 4th, but could be as bad as 6th due to EU/Chinese market weakness.

Reactions: David S

·
Registered
82 Posts
Very nice SUV but could be more modern for the exterior (like Range Rover Velar), the interior is fabulous i.e. chic without too much tablets. For myself I am not interested for a 3 rows/seats but I will really have a look for the standard 2 rows when they will bring it to the market. Is someone know if the exterior of the 2 rows will be different from the L ? Like is the rear overhang will be shorter - if it is the case the exterior will look even better that the L.

·
Super Moderator
6,969 Posts
Very nice SUV but could be more modern for the exterior (like Range Rover Velar), the interior is fabulous i.e. chic without too much tablets. For myself I am not interested for a 3 rows/seats but I will really have a look for the standard 2 rows when they will bring it to the market. Is someone know if the exterior of the 2 rows will be different from the L ? Like is the rear overhang will be shorter - if it is the case the exterior will look even better that the L.
Rear overhang will be shorter. I'm holding out hope for the 2-row. This one isn't bad, just too stretched out for my taste. The exterior styling is growing on me a bit after seeing the running footage but isn't particularly fresh. The chrome trim around the roofline, like on the Compass, feels a bit played out.

I'm looking forward to seeing an Altitude where all of the chrome is gone. I think this might look the best with black paint and completely black trim everywhere.

1 - 20 of 353 Posts