Allpar Forums banner

221 - 240 of 353 Posts

·
Registered
13,017 Posts
Most Allpar members are tired of hearing "it is coming soon" followed by multiple excuses. It is five years since the first Giorgio vehicle went into production. There was one more added shortly thereafter.

For four years there has been nothing shown, discussed nor prototypes/mules seen testing that indicates another vehicle is "coming soon" on Giorgio. If I am wrong and you can show me the test vehicles, I will admit my mistake.

Grand Cherokee L is, officially, an "all new architecture" with no official reference to Giorgio.

Reactions: suzq044 and Tony K

·
Registered
605 Posts
Most Allpar members are tired of hearing "it is coming soon" followed by multiple excuses. It is five years since the first Giorgio vehicle went into production. There was one more added shortly thereafter.

For four years there has been nothing shown, discussed nor prototypes/mules seen testing that indicates another vehicle is "coming soon" on Giorgio. If I am wrong and you can show me the test vehicles, I will admit my mistake.

Grand Cherokee L is, officially, an "all new architecture" with no official reference to Giorgio.
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L First Look: The Longer, Three-Row Version Is Finally Here (motortrend.com)

New Architecture For A Better 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
The next-generation 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee (codenamed WL), the L included, rides on a new architecture with a chassis based on the lightweight Giorgio platform that gives the Alfa Romeo Stelvio its sublime road manners. The new Grand Cherokee uses more aluminum and is engineered to provide more comfort, refinement, safety, tech, and 4x4 capability than the current WK, Meunier said.

·
Super Moderator
6,969 Posts

I mean yeah, I guess if you want to pretend the new vehicles that come out aren't based on Giorgio then you can incorrectly say they haven't used it since the Giulia and Stelvio.... especially since that's the only way you can keep making your flawed argument that the development was a waste of money.

People sure like to accuse the Europeans on this board of not liking the American side of the company, but the constant refusal to accept that anything good has come from the "F" side of FCA is just ignorant.

What we have here is a new vehicle--which you've been clamoring for for quite some time--and yet all some of you can talk about is whether American or Italian engineering teams are responsible and whether the company has made mistakes in the past. Unbelievable. Wait... actually, it is kind of believable.

·
Registered
13,017 Posts
Chrysler 300 was based on the Mercedes E-Class but shared nothing in common.

Let's see what parts are shared.

·
Registered
333 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Reactions: tlc and David S

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Wow... cant believe he got that one wrong...
Literally everyone who wasn't involved with LX or hasn't read that or at least one other article about it still believes LX is either W210 (the old E series at the time) or W211, which was just a MY ahead of LX coming out of the gate. That a fellow Allparian in 2021 doesn't know this, well one here and there slips through the cracks. I take the blame :cool:

Reactions: tlc and tomaz

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Literally everyone who wasn't involved with LX or hasn't read that or at least one other article about it still believes LX is either W210 (the old E series at the time) or W211, which was just a MY ahead of LX coming out of the gate. That a fellow Allparian in 2021 doesn't know this, well one here and there slips through the cracks. I take the blame :cool:
LOL i had that article on bookmark every time someone mentions LX cars are based on E classes.

·
Registered
13,017 Posts
There are no shared parts between an LX and the Mercedes.

Transmissions were purchased, just like buying ZF transmissions.

The FACT is that the rear suspension for LX took ideas from Mercedes, but share no parts in common.

That is my point. Grand Cherokee L may have taken ideas from Giorgio, but shares nothing in common....just like the LX took ideas from Mercedes, but shares nothing in common.

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
The FACT is that the rear suspension for LX took ideas from Mercedes, but share no parts in common.
Rear suspension typology is not platform related. ;)

With your way of thinking one would say that WL was inspired by WK2 or that 2014Jeep Renegade is inspired by 1970 Lancia Beta.

·
Registered
13,017 Posts
Rear suspension typology is not platform related. ;)

With your way of thinking one would say that WL was inspired by WK2 or that 2014Jeep Renegade is inspired by 1970 Lancia Beta.
Did I say platform in that ? No, I didn't.

Please refrain from injecting your own into my posts.

I assure you that ideas they learned from WK2 were incorporated into WL. That is the evolutionary engineering process. It does not mean they are the same platform or share any parts.

221 - 240 of 353 Posts