Allpar Forums banner

341 - 353 of 353 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
f the mythical inline 6 turns up in the Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer, then the supercharged and/or hybrid versions could show up in the Grand Cherokee Trackhawk.

Expecting the V8s to be sticking around is not realistic in the current environment.
A certain other site has confirmed that the I6 will be both in WL74/W75 and will largely be tuned for a PHEV performance variant...it will be offered in WS as well.

PHEV launch with I6 kicking in after that - performance will exceed the current 392.

·
Registered
8 Posts
More details on the L are posted here:

Hopefully Im not making a mistake.. Been driving FCA vehicles for a while.

2006-2014 --> 2006 pacifica (old style) touring 3.5l v6
2014-2016 --> 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 5.7l V8 4x4 with some good stuff
2016-2018 --> 2016 Ram 1500 Laramie 5.7l V8 4x4 w, Airlift and just about everything
2018-2021 --> 2018 pacifica Limited 3.6l v6
2021-??? --> 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L (maybe!!)

Ive been looking at:
2021 Durango.. not such a big fan of the interior, but 2021 is improved
2021 Pacifica.. Sliding doors rule!
2021 Ram - with HUD.. I like the HUD! But not too friendly for my wife.
2021 Highlander.. not a jeep not fca
2021 kia telluride/hyundai pallisade - no factory tow packages.
2022 Acura MDX - no factory tow packages.
2021 Genesis GV80 - no factory tow. really nice.

·
Administrator
35,774 Posts
A certain other site has confirmed that the I6 will be both in WL74/W75 and will largely be tuned for a PHEV performance variant...it will be offered in WS as well.

PHEV launch with I6 kicking in after that - performance will exceed the current 392.
Given that some here have claimed that I made up the I6, that's good news. A little surprising since I was told long ago it would be for trucks (e.g. Ram) and I'd assumed that was due to noise and such; and I think in this thread there was a note that noise was holding it back.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Given that some here have claimed that I made up the I6, that's good news. A little surprising since I was told long ago it would be for trucks (e.g. Ram) and I'd assumed that was due to noise and such; and I think in this thread there was a note that noise was holding it back.
I'm stoked! Would love to have one of these with the T6 as a day driver. Then I'd tear down this 08 and do a full resto, fix the gremlins, and make it a dedicated off-road/severe service rig. As far as fuel, you can always make biodiesel.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I think this will actually be more stylish than the L. Don't get me wrong I like the L. If I'm seeing correctly it will have a different lower grille, which is one thing I don't like on the L so much. It looks more angular which is a good thing so it's not just the same model with a shorter wheelbase. There is some variation in design.

·
Registered
8 Posts

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Saw an l on the road last week or the week before. Nothing to write home about. In fact without camo it would blend in with all the other cars way too much

341 - 353 of 353 Posts