Allpar Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I was looking at a Ram 3500 with the Hemi... It comes with a 66RFE, in a 3500 ... really!!!

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
What are said comments, for one who finds Youtube not working today?
Comments are about small things between bare bone work trucks, Tow Piglet thinks the small things that F-brand has over Ram are to show who has a better basic truck, but he did mention that the drive train is not comparable if the Ram had the Anisin tranny instead of the 68RFE.

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
36,734 Posts
Comments are about small things between bare bone work trucks, Tow Piglet thinks the small things that F-brand has over Ram are to show who has a better basic truck, but he did mention that the drive train is not comparable if the Ram had the Anisin tranny instead of the 68RFE.
Interesting. So someone who was into Ram could probably have done the video and found the opposite... the Aisin is better but the 68RFE is nothing to sneeze at.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Interesting. So someone who was into Ram could probably have done the video and found the opposite... the Aisin is better but the 68RFE is nothing to sneeze at.
you are right, lots of thing are not mentioned either.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
His comment on the video that it had the 66RFE would not be correct. That is only used on the gas engine that has a lot less torque.
No.. the 68RFE comes with the diesel that has less power, will not fit behind the gas, the 66RFE only fits behind the Hemi.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I started to watch the video and quit because he was full of it, basically comparing an apple to an orange. He was right about the mirrors though. Mine are terrible. My backup alarm quit working for a while and I backed into a fence trashing my dually fender.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
On the 2019 and later the 6.4 Hemi is only available with the ZF 8 speed transmission. The 5.7 Hemi isn't available on these trucks.
The 5.7 is no longer in HD trucks and the ZF is only in the 2500, if you want a 6.4 in a 3500 you get the 66RFE.

·
Registered
164 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Not true. The ZF is the only transmission option with the 6.4. Here is a real world example. New 2021 Ram 3500 TRADESMAN REGULAR CAB 4X4 8' BOX in Monroe MI

And the window sticker for that truck: https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/wind...ez1WdWlnj-rhw0miVffNJTJJ1s3SLYxBoCDAMQAvD_BwE
When did that change, that was not what I saw at the dealership here in Thompson. Wonder how ZF will stand up to hauling that much weight:oops: and wonder if any mods are done different to the ZF's in the HD's

·
Registered
164 Posts
When did that change, that was not what I saw at the dealership here in Thompson. Wonder how ZF will stand up to hauling that much weight:oops: and wonder if any mods are done different to the ZF's in the HD's
I don't know when it changed. After looking at the 2021 Ram Heavy Duty Brochure, I see where the confusion could be, the brochure lists the 66RFE with the 3500. :unsure:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts