Allpar Forums banner

41 - 60 of 116 Posts

Registered
So let me get this straight, a turbo , a hybrid battery and a CVT , made by Ford.......
This will be a super reliable problem free vehicle for sure 馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ

Reactions: Chase300

Registered
But right now it's only available in a 4-door, I don't need seating for 5, they need to make a 2-door :cool:

Premium Member
Remember "Lead, follow, or get out of the way?"
I think right now they are on the last one. Where small pickups are concerned.

The Maverick is about the length of the original LH sedans.
So at least I know it will fit in my garage.
Yes they are currently out of the way. Or off in the weeds somewhere. Tavares probably wonders what he got himself into.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
I'm still holding out hope the Durango will be a crossover Charger.
So, discontinue Durango and turn Charger into Durango, taking Dodge down to 2 vehicles.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
They both come from regulations The compact pickup originally came from Japan. To be compact it has to have a width of under 1700 mm. To be full size it needs a GVWR of 6000 lb or more. So any pickup over 1700 mm wide and under 6000 lb GVWR is midsize.
Stop. You are embarrassing yourself.

You reject the EU classifications of auto sizes and then, to save face, you cite Japanese classifications.

Just admit you were wrong and move on. You might save some credibility.

Super Moderator
And from Stellantis, who's heritage is rich with niche product creations................CRICKETS.................................
They're reintroducing the Plymouth Cricket?

Registered
They're reintroducing the Plymouth Cricket?
In three years... ;)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
It is good marketing that Ford had the Build & Price configurator up for the Maverick on the day of its debut.

Far better than FCA's past performance with their websites and marketing timing.

Super Moderator
It is good marketing that Ford had the Build & Price configurator up for the Maverick on the day of its debut.

Far better than FCA's past performance with their websites and marketing timing.
Yes, FCA had gotten better with their website updates but not as proactive as Ford.

Registered
This thing looks awesome. I work in a major American city as a building manager so I'm always going to the hardware store or the parts store, using my Compass. The Ram is my wife's daily but I hate driving that big sucker. The Maverick gets 40MPG and can dart around the city and still haul what I would need for work. This could definitely replace the Compass once that piece of junk dies.

Registered
This thing looks awesome. I work in a major American city as a building manager so I'm always going to the hardware store or the parts store, using my Compass. The Ram is my wife's daily but I hate driving that big sucker. The Maverick gets 40MPG and can dart around the city and still haul what I would need for work. This could definitely replace the Compass once that piece of junk dies.
And if they made a 2-door, it would have a little longer bed :cool:

Registered
And if they made a 2-door, it would have a little longer bed :cool:
That's cool for you, but honestly meh. I have a toddler with another one on the way so I need four doors and the bed size doesn't bother me. I rarely need anything longer than the standard bed and need the vertical clearance more than anything. Maverick checks a lot of boxes for me. If I want a "fun truck", I'll pick up an old regular cab, short bed SRT-10.

Registered
2014 Jeep Compass
This is an e-CVT similar to what Toyota is using on their hybrid models, not the crap that FCA or Nissan is having on their vehicles. They are at least as reliable as the regular automatics :)
People have a funny tick relating reliability to how a CVT feels, of which is the reason I always heard why Ford dropped their original in the first place....
Also, the CVT's were all Daimler-era junk (that Chrysler bought from Nissan), the only Variable trans FCA made was the EVT with 2 electric motors, far better then any CVT ever made.

Registered
People have a funny tick relating reliability to how a CVT feels, of which is the reason I always heard why Ford dropped their original in the first place....
Also, the CVT's were all Daimler-era junk (that Chrysler bought from Nissan), the only Variable trans FCA made was the EVT with 2 electric motors, far better then any CVT ever made.
I'm thankful to have dodged the CVT in the two MKs that I've had.

41 - 60 of 116 Posts