Allpar Forums banner

61 - 80 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Stop. You are embarrassing yourself.

You reject the EU classifications of auto sizes and then, to save face, you cite Japanese classifications.

Just admit you were wrong and move on. You might save some credibility.
Europe doesn't have definitions, they just have letters they refuse to define. Japan has dimensions, just like the US. Just admit the European "system" is inferior.

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
I'd like to see more interior pictures. I would like to know if someone 6 feet tall can ride comfortably in the rear seat. Leg room in the back is very important to me. Personally, I like the looks of the Maverick and when it comes time to replace the Forte in a couple of years, I might actually look at one of these. BUT only if there's room in the back seat. My son's F-150 is not the least bit comfortable in the back because of lack of leg room. I won't go anywhere in it with him and someone else unless the someone else is short enough to ride in the back.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Compass
532 Posts
I'm thankful to have dodged the CVT in the two MKs that I've had.
I've driven them with CVT's, and I own a '14 with the Hyundai 6 speed.....
Why the 62TE wasn't a choice from the get-go is beyond me. (Or, better yet, why it never was a 72TE).

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
36,511 Posts
So, discontinue Durango and turn Charger into Durango, taking Dodge down to 2 vehicles.
Keeping Charger, and by then, there should be a Hornet as well.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I'd like to see more interior pictures. I would like to know if someone 6 feet tall can ride comfortably in the rear seat. Leg room in the back is very important to me. Personally, I like the looks of the Maverick and when it comes time to replace the Forte in a couple of years, I might actually look at one of these. BUT only if there's room in the back seat. My son's F-150 is not the least bit comfortable in the back because of lack of leg room. I won't go anywhere in it with him and someone else unless the someone else is short enough to ride in the back.
Doug DeMuro has a review up and he sits in the back seat. He's above 6 feet I believe and he fit fine.

·
Registered
14,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
2 door trucks are dead.
The Grand Cherokee L has best in class second row seat room. 42" (from memory)

There are multiple video reviews.

(61) Is The All New 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Better Than The Ford Explorer? I Get Hands On To Find Out! - YouTube

·
Jeepaholic
5,939 Posts
Now if Jeep had a smaller truck like this, with the customization ability like Gladiator…and ability to take top down and such, that’d be a hands down winner for me. Probably not likely in the least, but I can dream.

Reactions: CherokeeVision

·
Registered
225 Posts
The maverick will likely be my next purchase. I'll keep the wrangler for off-roading and hunting but a maverick is exactly what I need for 'round town driving and hauling.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Now if Jeep had a smaller truck like this, with the customization ability like Gladiator…and ability to take top down and such, that’d be a hands down winner for me. Probably not likely in the least, but I can dream.
like take the renagade stretch it and add the bed you still get freedom top

·
Registered
14,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
like take the renagade stretch it and add the bed you still get freedom top
The Gladiator is not a mid-size competitior. It is overpriced and lacks the utility of others in its segment. It is a fine Jeep and that is what it should be.

Let Ram have the compact and mid-size pickups that compete with Ford, GM and Toyota. Do not further water Jeep down.

·
Registered
200 Posts
The Gladiator is not a mid-size competitior. It is overpriced and lacks the utility of others in its segment. It is a fine Jeep and that is what it should be.

Let Ram have the compact and mid-size pickups that compete with Ford, GM and Toyota. Do not further water Jeep down.
With Compass and Renegade, how can Jeep get much more watered down?

·
Registered
87 Posts

i for one want a dodge M80 but with all the nanny crap in new cars something tells me i will not like it anyhow. also i know full well std cab trucks are never likely to happen again even tho they are so handy and much better in parking lots

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
The Gladiator is really a niche truck. It does not appeal to the mass market. Like Erik said, it's a fine Jeep, but that's it. Ram apparently didn't or doesn't see the need for something like the Maverick or a Dakota. With the DS still being made, a truck based off the van or Cherokee platform would've made sense. Now they both are obsolete in the Stellantis world, so they have to start over. Hence my comment about them taking eight years to make up their mind. I'm not sure everyone understands how far behind they really are as far as products on fwd platforms they are here in the states.

·
Jeepaholic
5,939 Posts

I kinda liked the Comanche concept that was based on Renegade, though being 2-doors it would’ve been a hard sell for me. Gladiator has compromises to make it a better truck that affect its off-road ability. It’s still a good Jeep, and a decent truck for those who want a Jeep but want some truck capability too. I don’t really consider it to be a true competitor for Ranger, Colorado, and all…it’s kind of a different animal, but Gladiator does have compromises to make it a truck, and I don’t know how you could make one smaller and still be able to make it a good Jeep…and not a watered down Renegade or Compass truck.

Just musing out loud about what would be cool to buy, but not necessarily what is feasible to try to build.

·
370,000 miles
1,373 Posts
I can't find the specs for how high the bed side rails are from the ground. If they're not too tall, this could be a good fit for my farm. Would be even better if it were a PHEV or even an EV, as I'd never have to leave the farm with it to get fuel. But 40 MPG city cycle (probably similar to driving on my farm) is nothing to sneeze at. Really wish RAM would bring the Promaster City (Doblo) dropside to the U.S. That would work great for me.

An advantage of buying a Ford is that FCA pulled my local dealer's franchise, but he still has Ford. He and the people he employs are super to deal with. I wish Stellantis would revisit some of the dealer franchise decisions that FCA made. Even though my dealer had been selling Mopars since the early 60s, FCA said he was too small time. FCA seemed to want small town folks to go to a big city dealer to do business.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
The Maverick will definitely get a look when I'm ready for a new truck. The bed is big enough to handle most of what I use my truck for, and for everything else I could either buy a small trailer or I could rent a bigger truck or rent a trailer. It looks like Ford put a lot of thought into how people will use the truck and designed a bunch of neat features into the bed and tailgate to make it more useful.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Looks pretty nice :cool:

Now they just need to have all the chips so that they can build them. ;)

·
Jeepaholic
5,939 Posts
Looks pretty nice :cool:

Now they just need to have all the chips so that they can build them. ;)
The lady in the second pic…holding a random hockey stick? Weird. But it’s hockey, so that’s cool at least. Lol

Every time I see a new vehicle making its debut, I think of something similar to your statement:

Now they just need to have all the chips so that they can build them.

New vehicles are nice and all, but are they going to be able to make any of them with the chip shortage?

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Doug DeMuro has a review up and he sits in the back seat. He's above 6 feet I believe and he fit fine.
Yeah, he's 6'3" or so he has said. It looked a bit tight and upright, but good headroom as one would expect. I suspect the rear seat will be fine for shorter trips but not for long distance travel if you're 6' or taller.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
While searching around, I found several articles mentioning the Ford Courier, was this maybe being considered at the same time as the Maverick or a 2nd pickup in the Ford lineup?

One article also mentioned that Ford filed for the Courier trademark name 07/22/16.

Reactions: chuzz
61 - 80 of 116 Posts