Allpar Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
I hope they have dual opening rear. Opening the entire hatch for quick grocery loading/unloading is silly. Please tell me this oversight is addressed!
Sadly no. The only SUV to offer that style liftgate in the US is the BMW X5. The Mitsubishi outlander did it with their first generation. It's been gone for a while now.
Land Rover might do it on the Disco??? Maybe.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I don't think it will have the same D-pillar chrome applique design. Looking close up on pictures it looks like it will retain a similar design to WK2. I believe the chrome will wrap back under the qtr glass. It might be chrome on some models and gloss black on others as they are making this out to be the sportier version compare to the L. I could be wrong at what I'm looking at. It just makes since to give it somewhat of a different look and people have stated the Grand cherokee will have similar D-pillar to the original Grand Wagoneer. Could you do one like that?

·
Registered
392 Posts
I don't think it will have the same D-pillar chrome applique design. Looking close up on pictures it looks like it will retain a similar design to WK2. I believe the chrome will wrap back under the qtr glass. It might be chrome on some models and gloss black on others as they are making this out to be the sportier version compare to the L. I could be wrong at what I'm looking at. It just makes since to give it somewhat of a different look and people have stated the Grand cherokee will have similar D-pillar to the original Grand Wagoneer. Could you do one like that?
Owners have deleted the chrome on the wk2.for the.last 10 years and.jeep finally blacked it out. Surely they won't bring it back....especially like the wl L. That's hideous.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Maybe you should look more closely 😉

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
8,049 Posts
Sadly no. The only SUV to offer that style liftgate in the US is the BMW X5. The Mitsubishi outlander did it with their first generation. It's been gone for a while now.
Land Rover might do it on the Disco??? Maybe.
The 4runner and Lexus have roll down windows back there.

I think it's the carbon monoxide issues that driving with the glass up in the wk and like-half gates that keeps it from being a reality..

I wonder, not for the first time, if toyota has the window roll down mechanism copyrighted or something, bc i can't think of another company outside toyota with it these days.

·
Registered
578 Posts
When does Mack go to for customer's production?

What does the 900 million for Jefferson North "buy" in upgrades?

·
Registered
353 Posts
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Fuel Economy: No MPG Penalty for Third Row
According to an unannounced update to the 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee's EPA fuel economy figures, the all-new (and larger) Grand Cherokee L matches the old two-row GC's efficiency—as long as both are equipped with the same V-6 engine. So far, only mpg figures for the rear- and four-wheel-drive Grand Cherokee L with the standard 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine have been finalized. The rear-drive Grand Cherokee L V-6 is good for 19 mpg in the city, 26 mpg on the highway, and 21 mpg combined; add four-wheel drive, and those figures drop to 18/25/21 mpg.
  • Grand Cherokee L V-6 2WD: 19/26/21 mpg (city/hwy/combined)
  • Grand Cherokee L V-6 4WD: 18/25/21 mpg (city/hwy/combined)
  • Grand Cherokee L V-8 4WD: TBD

·
Registered
13,490 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi Limited, 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 Laredo, 2017 Jeep Wrangler
1,149 Posts
are they REALLY going to tool up all those GRAND CHEROKEE badges seeing as how now that's not allowed apparently. So I have two vehicles that are going to be the Grand XXXXXXXX or whatever "correct" name is settled upon.
So what's Sioux City Iowa going to call itself when that gets objected to?
There are hundreds of cities and regions in the US that use Native American names.
The vehicle looks great but the article about the names written up by someone at Car & Driver means that I will never read it again. And I have read it since 1971, they now have crossed a line with me.

Reactions: Scottina06

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Those videos carry a few Easter eggs, namely a look at what is clearly the new WL74

Looks like the two row could potentially have full-width taillights. Also seemingly confirmed is that little bit of trim following the rear quarter window, connecting to the liftgate glass.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts