Allpar Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the article:

The new Ioniq 5 is 4,635 millimeters (182.5 inches) long and a good chunk of its overall length is represented by the massive wheelbase, stretching at a generous 3,000 mm (118.1 in). The midsize SUV is 1,890 mm (74.4 in) wide and 1,605 mm (63.2 in) tall, with Hyundai claiming it offers the interior space of a vehicle from a segment above.

Full article here:

2022 Hyundai Ioniq 5 Revealed With Concept Look, Ultra-Fast Charging (motor1.com)

Reactions: gforce2002

·
Registered
13,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This reminds me of the Chrysler Portal. No surprise that Hyundai would beat FCA to market.....

·
Registered
13,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
881 Posts
This is a VW Golf, just upscaled.
AKA a Tiguan, except this is a BEV

"The new Ioniq 5 is 4,635 millimeters (182.5 inches) long and a good chunk of its overall length is represented by the massive wheelbase, stretching at a generous 3,000 mm (118.1 in). The midsize SUV is 1,890 mm (74.4 in) wide and 1,605 mm (63.2 in) tall"

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
This car is designed to hark back to the original Hyundai Pony, styled by Giorgetto Giugiaro. You know what else was designed by Giorgetto Giugiaro? The original Volkswagen Golf. That may explain why some of you see VW.

I personally think this looks great. It's actually quite a large vehicle which is surprising given how small it looks in pictures.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
WOW this might be close to my dream car. Look at the big interior, flat floor and NO MASSIVE CONSOLE. You can even slide across the seats to enter/exit/either door. wow what a concept. Large doors big back seat and big side glass so you can actully see where your going.
I might go up to 30 grand for this one.

·
Registered
13,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WOW this might be close to my dream car. Look at the big interior, flat floor and NO MASSIVE CONSOLE. You can even slide across the seats to enter/exit/either door. wow what a concept. Large doors big back seat and big side glass so you can actully see where your going.
I might go up to 30 grand for this one.
This is what the Chrysler Portal concept was. Too bad FCA did not produce it and allowed the competition to do it first.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts