Allpar Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Imperial, 91 New yorker, 00 Neon, 00 Dak, 00 Ram 1500, 06 Ram 2500, 07 Charger R/T, 22 Ram 1500
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed while organizing my tools in the backseat that I had zero airflow through the center console seats. I played with all settings on the dash, could get great air from the under seat floor vents when on floor vent setting. A little digging online pulled up a similar issue on a forum where carpet was obstructing the ductwork. I removed the lower cup holder to reveal the vinyl flooring tucked into the ductwork and the plastic slide connection piece completely undone. I connected it all together and have great airflow out of the rear.
As a work truck it wasn't really an issue in my eyes, however still. Human error will always exist, hope maybe this helps someone else.

Just shy of 5k miles on the new truck with no complaints or issues. The manual gear selection on the steering wheel seems like poor placement to me. The Uconnect can be a bit laggy, and harder to stay connected to as compared to my previous experience in a F150 with sync.

Just some honest thoughts on the new truck. Still Mopar or no car!

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
16,978 Posts
There was a TSB #08-062-22C released concerning updated software for trucks built before Feb 1st that may apply:
Font Material property Number Document Parallel

Reactions: Curious Joe

·
Registered
82 Imperial, 91 New yorker, 00 Neon, 00 Dak, 00 Ram 1500, 06 Ram 2500, 07 Charger R/T, 22 Ram 1500
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't even think you could still get rear A/C on a Classic Crew Cab.
The more you learn lol
Its just ductwork fed from the single blower, not a dual unit like I believe some vehicles have with separate blowers / cores.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Still, I figured they would've gotten rid of it as a cost cutting thing.
Kinda interesting to be honest.
Indeed, a nice feature to have. My 06 ram CC doesn't have this, my wife's 07 charger does. Although it doesn't blow as hard out the rear as the new truck does. I keep my backpack with all my M18 batteries in it right on the vent. Try to keep them cool / warm depending on the season. I wonder if the Wagoneers use a dual AC setup...hmm rolling luxury freezer.

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
16,978 Posts
Ram trucks are an industry benchmark and want to stay that way.
The competition never sleeps!

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have poor flow from the rear vents in my '18. I'll have to check this out. The kids complain all the time.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have poor flow from the rear vents in my '18. I'll have to check this out. The kids complain all the time.
I wonder, if all the connection pieces are hooked up proper...how well sealing the connections with foil tape would improve airflow. Although prob a big pain.

The connection was right behind the lower tray / not a cup holder stuff holder. I did not have to disassemble much. Hope your issue is easily accessible aswell. Best of luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts