Allpar Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the article:

For folks who don't want a Ram TRX or don't feel like dealing with the markups on one, the G/T Package seems like a good compromise. Obviously, these customers don't get the muscle truck's supercharged engine, but there's a meaner look and lots of amenities to make the interior a nicer place to be.

Full article here:

2022 Ram 1500 G/T Package Coming With Plenty Of Kit (motor1.com)

·
Registered
125 Posts
I like all of the package except shifter instead of the Knob and making the 3:92 rear gearing as the only option.
I prefer the Knob over the shifter any day. It is mindless to use. Turn it all the way to the right for drive, all the way to the left for Park. The only time you need to look at it is for reverse. Plus it allows for more storage space.
If you want any other gears besides PRN or D, you still have to use either the buttons on the steering wheel or the paddle shifters. It is not like the console shifter takes those away. It is still an electronic connection either way.
Ford's collapsible shifter is a gimmick that would have been better solved by a knob or push buttons.
When I drive my Charger instead of the Ram, I find myself reaching for the knob on the dash.
The 3:92 gearing hurts gas mileage. With the 3:92 at 70 the Hemi is turning around 2000 rpm. My Ram with the 3:21 is running at 1500 rpm.
I had an '05 Ram reg cab with the 3:92 rear, 15 to 16 mpg on the highway max. My '16 Ram Crew Cab can get 20 to 21.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Ram 1500 classic, 6.5ft or 8ft bed. That's your only new Mopar option for 1/2 ton

·
Registered
263 Posts
its not like it would be a lot of trouble. they already have done most of the engineering on the 2500. just bring the cab and bed and such to the lighter chassis and voila!

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
2 Different platforms guy..... Let alone 2 different generations of RAMs.. overall size of a 2500 is larger than a 1500.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
It would be nice if the GT package came with a 6.4 (truck engine)... Wonder if any interests would venture a shaker hood. Trucks are the main staple of transportation in my region and having a nice "GT" model that is like said in the article less than a TRX but more then a regular model would attract some buyers. Adding looks to a same truck as the rest is not enough so just like the Charger/Challenger options applied to the truck world .. Come on Ram ... 6.4 a 1500 :p

·
Registered
263 Posts
2 Different platforms guy..... Let alone 2 different generations of RAMs.. overall size of a 2500 is larger than a 1500.
nah same generation, different frame-i dont mean the classic.
i am curious, are the cab to frame mounting points the same from 1500 to 2500?
how much parts sharing is there between?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts