Allpar Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posting my experience on the way to a new 300C. Mainly to ensure I'm progressing as I should, don't want to be left out.
So I choose my color and selected a local dealer. The concierge called to confirm my information and said a payment link would be sent to my email, awaiting that link.

Questions
1 Has anyone received this link yet?
2 How does this work, once ordered and received by the dealership will they then try to add a Dealer Markup?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Posting my experience on the way to a new 300C. Mainly to ensure I'm progressing as I should, don't want to be left out.
So I choose my color and selected a local dealer. The concierge called to confirm my information and said a payment link would be sent to my email, awaiting that link.

Questions
1 Has anyone received this link yet?
2 How does this work, once ordered and received by the dealership will they then try to add a Dealer Markup?
I finally was able to reserve one and I had a dealer call me and tell me I needed to come in with my credit card. I received no link.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I finally was able to reserve one and I had a dealer call me and tell me I needed to come in with my credit card. I received no link.
I would call the concierge and pay Chrysler directly with the link they provide. After paying the $300 deposit you will get a an email confirming your order and a transaction id number.

I read they sold out in 12 hours and there is a waiting list.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I would call the concierge and pay Chrysler directly with the link they provide. After paying the $300 deposit you will get a an email confirming your order and a transaction id number.

I read they sold out in 12 hours and there is a waiting list.
I don't mind being on a waiting list but I'll have to contact them again. I didn't want to deal with a dealership until I picked the car up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My dealership called the day after and wanted $1,000 down. I explained the press FAQ said $300. She said the dealership policy requires $1,000.
I think she wasn't aware of this particular model's release, after all it only came out the day prior. Again I think she was thinking she was processing a regular 300 customer order, as she asked me to come in and spec it.
The manager then called, very nice, but admitted he wasn't fully read up on the details. I may stop by and chat with him now that he's had time to check into it.
Short story long, I feel better having my order confirmed by Chrysler.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys. @Mutdog - according to the concierge you were supposed to be contacted by the dealership before you could place your order. The dealerships are clueless, so I would call them to make sure you got your order, etc, etc.

I spoke to my dealer and he told me he was going to get back to me today on pricing... I told him.. the price is clear, its $55k not a penny more. Not sure what they will come back with. They are for sure doing what they can to mark it up. Is that allowed? I do not think so, right?

Thoughts?

·
Registered
3 Posts
My dealership called the day after and wanted $1,000 down. I explained the press FAQ said $300. She said the dealership policy requires $1,000.
I think she wasn't aware of this particular model's release, after all it only came out the day prior. Again I think she was thinking she was processing a regular 300 customer order, as she asked me to come in and spec it.
The manager then called, very nice, but admitted he wasn't fully read up on the details. I may stop by and chat with him now that he's had time to check into it.
Short story long, I feel better having my order confirmed by Chrysler.
I did a separate deposit with a dealership of $500. Agreed with them that it should be refundable, if the order didn't go through. They took it to help me secure because I had not received the PayPal link. They did say that doing through the dealership and not the link was a long shot, that I should be on the lookout for the link. FInally got the link and secured it from the link as well. But I will leave my $500 deposit at the other dealership just to see what happens.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did a separate deposit with a dealership of $500. Agreed with them that it should be refundable, if the order didn't go through. They took it to help me secure because I had not received the PayPal link. They did say that doing through the dealership and not the link was a long shot, that I should be on the lookout for the link. FInally got the link and secured it from the link as well. But I will leave my $500 deposit at the other dealership just to see what happens.
The dealership for the link is different than the dealership for the $500 deposit, I should add.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts