Allpar Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
39,919 Posts
Would that be the same as adaptive cruise? We have it on our '16 RAV4 and I have to say I'm not particularly fond of it.
No, it's full autonomous driving on good clear freeways. I think it can do lane changes as well as straight lines which makes it more useful. Our 300 has adaptive cruise and while it works well, I often wish I could switch it to non-adaptive cruise on demand.

·
Administrator
39,919 Posts
This isn't new or unique to EVs. When there are a specific number of vehicles they can schedule, and every one is ordered, yes, it is officially “sold out.” To do so in one day is pretty impressive.

Lyriq starts at $65,000 or so, so this isn't a general interest car. I don't know how many people are buying them as collectors' items; I wouldn't. I would guess most people are sincere in wanting them, and a few are assuming they can resell at a higher price. But that would be true for any limited run of any car—Corvette, Viper, PT Cruiser, you name it.

·
Administrator
39,919 Posts
Dauchy told GM Authority executive editor, Alex Luft, that the Lyriq name is part of a new Cadillac naming structure that will see all vehicle names end in “iq.”
Like the Ioniq. Oh, wait...
So Cadillac always ends with “ick”?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts