Allpar Forums banner

2023 Canadian NASCAR schedule where Dodges race

769 Views 12 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Glenn81
Reactions: Ernesto and GaryS
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2,930 Posts
IIRC, a of of these "Dodges" are powered by Chebbie based spec motors which makes them imposters. "Mopar Bob" used to post on here about which Dodge teams were powered by genuine Mopar motors. Those would be the ooonly ones I would be interested in.
It used to be easy to know who was mopar powered, they had a mopar logo on the side. Now I have no idea since the dodge dealers up there cut back funding the drivers. But once again who cares what powers the car, no one except diehards knows. And besides didge is years behind in engine devlopment like normal so why would you want them bringing it up the rear

· Registered
748 Posts
I thought a few years back hemi was the spec engine for the series

· Registered
359 Posts
No. I care what’s on the outside because that’s what will sell the car to on lookers. So what you guys are saying for example in nhra you root for the chevys and Toyota because they’re hemi powered?
Current funny cars and top fuel are utterly uninteresting to me, but I do appreciate that all of them are powered by Chrysler Hemi engines.

· Registered
5,234 Posts
No. I care what’s on the outside because that’s what will sell the car to on lookers. So what you guys are saying for example in nhra you root for the chevys and Toyota because they’re hemi powered?
I'm an (almost) 50 year member of NHRA and I'm just not that much into Funny cars anymore now, just because they are basically a "Spec Series" since they all are required to be powered by derivatives of the Mopar Gen II Hemi. That being said, I'll root for the Mopar powered Chebbie or Toyota any day over a Chebbie powered Mopar body. Casual spectators may not care or realize what motor is powering a race car but most "informed" race fans that I know surely know what's under the hood.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts