Allpar Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I'm surprised they only did a rear rendering, but what do you think?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm guessing they will probably take the Challenger, stretch it out into a 4 door, give it some sharper lines like older Dodges, and essentially that would be a new Charger. So the front of the current Challenger with a few changes.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Active trunk spoiler is cute, but impractical. I think Too close to rear glass to be functional, and while ok on fair weather sports cars, on a daily driver I foresee failure. Think 20lbs of snow might impede function.
2006 charger was blocky but soft lines
2011 charger sharpened lines an increase blockyness
Currently charger har sorry curves and basically is designed as a 4 door sedan viper.
I can see nextgen keeping a fastback roof, maybe to the point of being a hatchback. Short front overhang, wheels almost pushed forward. Keep long hood rwd proportions. The question is, do they go softer lines or harder. Softer may make it the jellybean Taurus all over again. Chevy went all inon hard lines and killed the Camaro. Industry as a whole seems to embrace creases and folds. I feel they should continue to go the viper route.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yes, it is total speculation but it uses the basic lines that you can see in the original video and the existing styling direction. If you were to line up every charger model since 2005 there is a styling progression where you can see certain body lines get more pronounced over the years. From speaking to GM designers back when I was a kid, they explained this process and how the designs for the next body style influence the changes made in the interim to lead in the big change. Started with the rear because it was the easiest. I take an image of the current Charger at as close to the same angle as the screen capture from the original video, then overlay the capture onto the current image. With this image after extending the body lines to the same points on the opposite side, I can stretch or expand the overlay (but not alter any individual section) to the size of the current image. In this case the lines were very much proportionally the same as the current Charger. So now I take the styling direction they've had and add that they have said in interviews, the Charger will resemble the 1999 Charger concept coupled with any rumors that seem somewhat likely and connect the dots.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tail & brake light
Vehicle registration plate Tire Vehicle Wheel Car

·
Jeepaholic
6,646 Posts
Whether it’s correct/close or not, we can appreciate that someone took the time to make a rendering in the first place. Thanks @YBNormyl .

·
Banned
3,138 Posts
The Teaser probably dont have racetrack tail lamps as the new Logo is red
The logo would be the high mount center brake light, they would still have to have the two regular brake lights.
The 1987 Daytona was the first car with modern racetrack taillights. It had the Pentastar logo right in the middle of the center high mounted stop light, the bar that tied together the two sides of the racetrack.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The 1987 Daytona was the first car with modern racetrack taillights. It had the Pentastar logo right in the middle of the center high mounted stop light, the bar that tied together the two sides of the racetrack.
Yes, I looked up the the Daytona and see exactly what you are saying. Forgot what a nice looking car it was.
This was one of the rear teaser shots
Water Sky Cloud Automotive lighting Rectangle

1 - 19 of 19 Posts