Allpar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Compass
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Link: 2025 Dodge eMuscle Electric Muscle Car: Smoke All Four of ’Em (motortrend.com)

Apparently, Dodge themselves gave this rendering to MotorTrend (they proclaim it's exclusive on Facebook, while the article itself just goes over the basics of what is expected and such, so I'm not taking that at face value, and until we see the concept in the flesh, I don't think many people outta believe this is the real deal yet.
I frankly see the Mustang and Camaro in this rendering (Mustang from the base of the windows up, Camaro rear fenders), but I like the other accents, like the Demon-ish hood.

What do y'all think?
Tire Wheel Cloud Vehicle Sky

Tire Wheel Cloud Vehicle Sky

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
My opinion, I see a camaro with a charger style grill and door scallops and a rather cartoonish rendering at that (either that or beaten with an ugly stick). It all seems to be out of proportion. If this is the best from the Dodge stylists, they are in a world of hurt....

Again, my opinion.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Link: 2025 Dodge eMuscle Electric Muscle Car: Smoke All Four of ’Em (motortrend.com)

Apparently, Dodge themselves gave this rendering to MotorTrend (they proclaim it's exclusive on Facebook, while the article itself just goes over the basics of what is expected and such, so I'm not taking that at face value, and until we see the concept in the flesh, I don't think many people outta believe this is the real deal yet.
I frankly see the Mustang and Camaro in this rendering (Mustang from the base of the windows up, Camaro rear fenders), but I like the other accents, like the Demon-ish hood.

What do y'all think? View attachment 88949
View attachment 88950
Interested. Take the 4xe system and use the 3.0 instead of the 2.0, and get plenty more power and I’m listening.

Also have the government subsidize the purchase for the icing on cake!

Won’t have hemi sound, but maybe they can work their magic.

Reactions: World14

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Compass
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks Camaro-ish to me. The rear looks obese in this pic.
My opinion, I see a camaro with a charger style grill and door scallops and a rather cartoonish rendering at that (either that or beaten with an ugly stick). It all seems to be out of proportion. If this is the best from the Dodge stylists, they are in a world of hurt....

Again, my opinion.
widebody camaro with some mopar parts shoved into place.
I'm glad I'm not the only person who sees the hint of Camaro in this render 😂

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
As far as the rendering being from dodge, i say b.s. the wheels on the ev concept shown in the commercial are completely different. would they reuse current side mirrors for the new car? Current wheel design? And of course why give out a rendering when they supposedly already have something ready to be revealed in 1 month?
I would not be surprised to see something more exotic. No more viper. They used the Shelby cobra for influence for that anyway. They could make this thing just about any shape they want. If gm can build an exotic (new corvette), why wouldn’t dodge do something ridiculous?
so I’m thinking halo car, not charger/challenger replacement, which I understand is coming as well.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Is Motortrend still relevant in the Automotive Journalism realm, Hell most of their good writers have jumped ship to youtube or other forms of multimedia forms.
Isn’t motortrend hosting roadkill nights, powered by dodge? The event where they are to reveal this vehicle?
But as far as journalism, magazines are pretty much dead. I still have a couple subscriptions but it’s mostly because I’m too lazy to cancel them. I mostly collect them for a few months, leaf through a pile, and toss the stack in the recycling bin

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Compass
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Is Motortrend still relevant in the Automotive Journalism realm, Hell most of their good writers have jumped ship to youtube or other forms of multimedia forms.
I mean, as a magazine, more than likely not. I never subscribed to that, but I am subscribed to their OnDemand service for streaming, and that's pretty good.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts