Allpar Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Imperial, 91 New yorker, 00 Neon, 00 Dak, 00 Ram 1500, 06 Ram 2500, 07 Charger R/T, 22 Ram 1500
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive experienced 3 separate events with this truck over the past month while at highway speeds the ESC (i believe) light flashes and the truck automatically brakes hard. None of these times were in any loose traction or rain scenarios. What are the variables on these new trucks that apply this automatic braking? With it being a company vehicle downtime would be detrimental.

I will say this truck rides at close to or right at GVWR.

Ram 1500 classic 2022 5.7

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
24,231 Posts
Does this truck have the Active cruise control with FCW (forward collision warning)?
It the front radar transponder clean & unobstructed? Do you pull a large trailer?
Try turning down the gain of the ITBS? There should be a blurb in the owners manual about these features.
No bulletins or case histories about this.

Reactions: Dave Z

·
Registered
82 Imperial, 91 New yorker, 00 Neon, 00 Dak, 00 Ram 1500, 06 Ram 2500, 07 Charger R/T, 22 Ram 1500
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It does not have active cruise, nor were any of the incidents while on cruise. The last one was at over 70mph and the truck braked pretty hard to under 60...its definitely a shock.
I have not towed a trailer over the road with it. Moved a small yard trailer around but never hooked up long or to truck electronics. I will be rereading the entire owners manual shortly.

·
Registered
616 Posts
It does not have active cruise, nor were any of the incidents while on cruise. The last one was at over 70mph and the truck braked pretty hard to under 60...its definitely a shock.
I have not towed a trailer over the road with it. Moved a small yard trailer around but never hooked up long or to truck electronics. I will be rereading the entire owners manual shortly.
Sounds like the electronic Nannies are there for sure. Double-check you ACC settings and see if maybe you forgot to turn something off??

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
39,889 Posts
Has the truck been in any sort of collision? If the camera is misaligned it can cause that.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper

I find no options for ACC, the owners manual mentions it in the index but only shows standard cruise. I see no sensors in the front of the vehicle. I truly believe this truck does not have ACC.

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
39,889 Posts
No accidents truck is just at 7k miles.
In your shoes I'd ask the dealer to see if he can check the alignment of the sensor (I should have written "sensor," not camera) - but that's a long process and you might need to escalate with Chrysler corporate (phone # in your owner's manual) to get the dealer’s compensation approved before the dealer will do it.

IT does sound like a misalignment, though.

·
Super Moderator
40,486 Posts
It’s probably a stability control malfunction, not an automatic braking malfunction if there’s no sensor on the front of the truck. Especially if the ESC light comes on. Stability control starts with the individual wheel ABS sensors among other inputs.

·
Registered
6,122 Posts
It’s probably a stability control malfunction, not an automatic braking malfunction if there’s no sensor on the front of the truck. Especially if the ESC light comes on. Stability control starts with the individual wheel ABS sensors among other inputs.
I used to drive a Chevy Sonic (company car). The stability control/traction control went nuts one morning. Tires were almost brand new. I was driving in light rain under the speed limit at a constant speed. Straight, level concrete highway that had recently been rebuilt so no puddles, no standing water. I could see the surface texture of the road. No change in steering input, throttle or brakes. Suddenly I felt a twitch then I was on the wildest ride I've ever been on. Trying to regain control proved almost impossible. It had a mind of its own. Luckily there were no other cars within a half mile of me. I never trusted that car again.

All of the vehicles I have owned and driven: 65 Impala, 84 T-Bird, 89 Cherokee, 94 Vision, 01 Cherokee and 09 Malibu. (Recently we have been driving my aunts 13 Equinox. I have never lost complete driving control in any of them. Only that Sonic, in conditions that shouldn't have caused a problem.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Compass
936 Posts
View attachment 89533
I find no options for ACC, the owners manual mentions it in the index but only shows standard cruise. I see no sensors in the front of the vehicle. I truly believe this truck does not have ACC.
May not be needed information, but I checked with the VIN and no VIN codes come up with ACC, so I'd say it doesn't have it.
Plus, it doesn't have enough buttons for ACC on the steering wheel in my opinion: the newer steering wheels, starting with the Cherokee/200/etc, have an extra array of buttons below the cruise control that's normally empty unless you have LDW, ACC, etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts