Allpar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

just a note..

I´ve got a early 92´ EU Saratoga and a early 90´ EU Voyager.
Both are equipped with the 6G72 / A604, almost 200 000 on the clock.

The minivan recieved new valve stem seals, valve cover gaskets, cam seals etc by myself a month ago.
The AA Body get´s rebuilt next year, burning oil like mother.....

The Saratoga´s 3.0 depends very good on gas, pretty direct. Voyager reacts pretty lazy.
Both run really nice, i mean a 1 € coin´s standing still on the plenum.

I put both intake manifolds apart, cleaned the whole plenum and throttle body out, overhauled the ignition system and a few small things.

What is actually the difference between those years?
Different ECU?

Greetings
Kevin

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Your minivan has different gearing in the transmission for one thing. It is a small difference but you might feel the difference.
The other possibility is how open the exhaust is. I don't know if you are required to have converters on both vehicles, but if one is slightly restrictive, it will feel a bit more sluggish. Since these are old vehicles, one engine may have less compression than the other.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your minivan has different gearing in the transmission for one thing. It is a small difference but you might feel the difference.
The other possibility is how open the exhaust is. I don't know if you are required to have converters on both vehicles, but if one is slightly restrictive, it will feel a bit more sluggish. Since these are old vehicles, one engine may have less compression than the other.
Yeah you´re right.....the Saratoga ain´t got a cat. converter any more....
Yes the gear ratio is almost a big difference, i recognized it on my first drive.

The minivan still has the orig. exhaust system, but pretty rusty. I´ll install a new cat by Magnaflow and a Walker Sound FX muffler, curious about the result.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts