Allpar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
i changed stuff too due to it being 20 years. I had the transmission gasket, oil gasket and valve cover gasket. The car does not leave an oil puddle but it is still oily on the bottom. I figure every month i dont give the bank 300 or more dollars paying for a new car is money in my pocket. I have 104k miles on my 90 lebaron. I have put a lot of money in the car. name a part and i replaced it. Go ahead name a part. ( part as in maintenance parts) .
I also treat it like a sports car so hopefully i still will get another 100k out of it.

·
Registered
733 Posts
i saw a white lebaron on ebay with 35k on it. It went for 4500 dollars. If it was local i would have bought it. Even on that car i bet i would have to change parts that would wear out due to age.
I think i spent 3000 on my car.
I have new front hubs and 4 new brake calipers in a box that are going on next.

I still find it cheaper than paying 350 a month for a jeep wrangler that would be worth a tenth of what i paid for it by the time it was paid off.

The best and one of the first things i changed was the fuel injectors. It use to drip down and starting was hard.

·
Registered
733 Posts
is the water pump and timing belt hard to do as in . is there much room to work? would lowering the engine be a quicker way to do it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.