Allpar Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got down to 34 degrees this morning, all wheel drive came on. now it has been on all day. the temp got up to almost 70.

Is there a trick to getting it out? It kills the fuel economy.

·
Radioactive
5,347 Posts
It is not clear to me what you are describing.

When you say "all wheel drive came on", do you mean the warning light?

The problem with fuel economy is not solved by turning the light off, but by fixing the problem with the AWD system that is triggering the light.

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
I renamed the thread to make it more clear to a casual browser what it's about.

·
Super Moderator
21,369 Posts
There is a possible fault code stored in any of the ABS/ESP/TCCM modules (they all work together). That is why the light is on? We need that code to see what the next step should be. There may be a special code reader needed for accessing these control modules and finding the problem.
What year? Still under warranty?

·
Registered
435 Posts
I don't think he is talking about the light coming on. It sounds like the AWD activated in the morning, (Which it should, since the temp was at 34°) but then stayed on even after the temperature was well above the threshold.

Were you using your windshield wipers? That will also cause the car to remain in AWD.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Is it a "part time" AWD system? I had assumed it was "full time".
I believe that the LX AWD system is all-the-time and is not selectable.
It isn't selectable, but it isn't on all of the time. The AWD will only activate when the outside temperature is below a certain value (I think it is 39°F), when your windshield wipers are running, or after it senses a slip event. I think it is only those three, otherwise it is in RWD.

·
Banned
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies.Yes it stayed on until we got it up to hwy speed. i guess all is well with it now. :cheers:

·
Banned
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JoshMHam said:
I don't think he is talking about the light coming on. It sounds like the AWD activated in the morning, (Which it should, since the temp was at 34°) but then stayed on even after the temperature was well above the threshold.

Were you using your windshield wipers? That will also cause the car to remain in AWD.
Well i thought it was all good. the outside temp that is displayed in car doesn't update. It has shown 36 degrees since this morning. Could this be why awd stayed on?

·
Super Moderator
21,369 Posts
Check the owners manual. I don't think that the ambient temperature display will update instantly. It has to accumulate some time and distance before it will update the reading. There is a built-in delay, but keep an eye on this.
What year is the car?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts