Allpar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's 300M instrument panel (also commonly referred to as the dash), like many other 300Ms has cracked near the passenger side air bag. Pulling out the factory service manual provided a true shock: evidently the "instrument panel" is virtually everything you see when you sit in the front seat. The soft top part that is cracked is not a separate piece that can be removed and replaced separately. And evidently these bad boys cost $1500 - $1700, and I don't know if that includes getting the the color of your choice. So the question is: has anyone attempted to replace a 300M instrument panel themselves? The factory manual instructions for removal and installation are over a page apiece, and involve droppting the steering column, etc. And although I and my wife hate looking at the crack, the options of a cheap cover, filling the crack and using a junkyard piece are not acceptable.

·
Super Moderator
21,368 Posts
I don't know why you are opposed to a good used dash or a plastic crack repair, they may be your most cost-effective solution here.
We had a mobile automotive trim repair service come in to repair cracked interior trim on our used cars at the dealer and when he was done you could not tell that the plastic was even cracked to begin with.
The color and texture match were just outstanding.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts