Allpar Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up and older 00 300M. In pretty good shape but needs a couple little things like struts and wheel bearings.

When shopping for struts I'm often asked if it has performance suspension. How can I tell what suspension the car has? I presume the difference is in the springs.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
36,929 Posts
The easiest way is probably to call a dealer with your VIN. Or register it in the Owners section on Chrysler.com. Either way you can get an options listing of how the car was equipped.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.

ALso, the digital heater/ac control display is intermittent. It seems the controls work ok but the display doesn't always light up.

·
KOG
7,002 Posts
Probably want to repost the heater question as not too many people might look at the suspension post.

·
Super Moderator
21,365 Posts
The LH cars had 3 different suspension codes: SDC, SDE and SDG, I believe. Sport, Touring and Performance. I believe that the 300m would have the performance suspension.
If you want to PM me with the last 8 of the VIN, current mileage and a return e-mail address, I will send you the info on the car.

·
Enjoying the ride.
2,164 Posts
The best indicator as to what suspension it has is whether or not is has 16 inch wheels. If it has the performance handling suspension, it would have 16 inch wheels. If it has 17s, then it would be the standard suspension.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it does have the 17" chrome wheels.

·
Super Moderator
21,365 Posts
I think that standard suspension would only be found on base Intrepid and Concorde. The 300m and LHS would come with the optional suspensions, I am sure.
It looks like SDC - Touring suspension according to the VIN provided.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts