Allpar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently taken the motor out of my dad's 1986 D150, trying to get it running again before he past due to the fact we was seriously ill. Well didn't make it, but today im ready to run it on the engine stand but all im missing is the belt that goes just from the crank to the water pump. Does anyone know what size belt that is or what else its found on so I can go order it. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Jay

·
Registered
647 Posts
Hi sorry to here about your Dad, I went through that a few years ago myself, so not sure if you are putting this back in the same truck?, but the belt cant go around just the crank and w/p, it needs adjustment so it normally would go around the altenator to and that is where your adjustment would be therefor just asking the parts counter for a belt for that year/model truck should get you the right one, remember things like a/c and a altenator amperage size make a difference on its size

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah im putting it back in the same truck, but id like to break in the cam on a run stand first. I see vids where people are putting a small belt that goes just from the crank to the water pump, just for testing im guessing. So im just looking for a part number for that belt or the deminsions of it.

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
I don't know the length offhand, but in your shoes I'd take a bit of bailing wire and wrap it around the pulleys and mark where the overlap starts, then pull that off and measure it. I'd buy that size plus a couple sizes bigger,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts