Allpar Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well my son and I finnally got started on some mods we are doing to his shortbox stepside,(some engine mods and cleaning/painting, plus a727 to a833 trans swap)any way this summer a frost plug started to leak through and we replaced it but thought well the engine was out it would be a wise idea to change the rest of the ones on the block so has anyone got a easy way of pulling them out, we tried drilling a small hole then using a dent puller slide hammer but the screw just pulls through, the hammer/punch or screw driver method is what we used in the summer but its pretty crude, aside from them being a little thin in the material from age they are stuck in there pretty good, thanks

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
funny guy, ironicly that dosnt really work, I'm in the marine business, you would be supprised that often the block will crack before the plugs let go, I see it all the time from lack of winterizeing! I think I'll just use the punch :excited:

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok, thanks, that went pretty easy, and yes I did use brass frost plugs, I have a new unrelated question so I will start a new thread

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.