Allpar Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my van is running really rough barly gut up to 50 kms an hour, so i noticed that one of the 2 fuel injectors is not spraying properly, just lil spits of fuel coming out, so im wondering what brand or if a remanufactured injector would be a good choice, any ideas or suggestions?? i had them cleaned at a shop about 3 months ago as well so im pretty sure that one is just worn out..

·
Super Moderator
31,982 Posts
Can't go wrong with Bosch.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I would check fuel pressure first. I would also recomend that you change all injectors. Fuel wears them and distorts the spray pattern.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how can i depressurize the system? and any tips on removing the injectors from the throttle body

thanks guys for the info

·
Super Moderator
21,352 Posts
I would get a service manual for the vehicle before doing this level of service to it. Check with your local library or purchase one.
The troubleshooting section, procedures and pictures will help to guide you. Factory manuals are best and it may pay for itself shortly.
I believe that the system pressure is ~ 14 psi. Have rags to quickly soak up any spills and dispose of them in a sealed can. Use safe fire prevention practices when servicing fuel system components.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i installed a new fuel injector and thev an does run better , but have a stumble to it when coming to a stop or just pulling away and as well when your driving a long at about 80kmhr when the overdrive kicks in, it bucks really bad any suggestions? clogged fuel filter possibel or oxygen sensor?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ran the codes nothing came up

·
Super Moderator
21,352 Posts
Some things may not set codes or take an awful long time to finally set. There are a number of things that can cause hesitation. Watching a sensor display on a scan tool may show what is missing. At this point if could be fuel or electrical ignition or an EFI component.
A step-by-step 'driveability' troubleshoot procedure with a meter could help solve the problem.
Look for this book: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1989-Chrysler-3-9L-5-2L-5-9L-EFI-Diagnostic-Manual-/120723455684

1 - 9 of 9 Posts