Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another silly question: has anyone heard of anyone swapping a 5.7 for the Mopar 426 Hemi? I didn't see anything in the Mopar catalog that would be a good ECM for the 426. Since the new 426 doesn't have MDS, I'd imagine all the electronics would have to be swapped somehow. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
20,074 Posts
I don't see that the new Mopar Performance 426 Hemi in anything but carb and distributor. I imagine it could be converted, but I don't think the MDS would be able to swap into the block due to design. At the same time, Bouchillon does offer a 7.0 (426) Hemi that is a stroked 6.4 Hemi, which is injected and the likes, which would take care of all the electonics, they are complete packages, but the 5.7 setup would be a little on the light side in the injector size, but that is all taken care of in a crate engine with harness.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was referring to the Gen III 426 Hemi Mopar PN 5155513 for 540hp/530 lb/ft. Mopar wants about $14K for the crate motor. I looked at Bouchillon's offering too. It'd be interesting to see how much they want for the Gary Stanton built 426 Gen III at 605hp/550 lb/ft crate motor. They say they can reprogram the pcm too. Hmmm...things to ponder.

·
Premium Member
20,074 Posts
I guess that answers your question as far as swap in the place of the 5.7 goes.

·
Super Moderator
13,926 Posts
DBSINWI said:
That's why I ask the experts at Allpar all the tough questions. :)
Another option would to either swap in a 2012+ 392 (6.4L) Hemi into your LX which would be 100% emissions legal anywhere or simply buy a 2012 up Chally, Charger or 300 SRT-8 and call it a day. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts