Allpar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most vendors sell the same model 49-52 "Cranbrook" convertible top even though most of understand that 51 was the first year for the Cranbrook designation. I purchased a new top for my 50 Plymouth and it is too wide by about 3 inches. It is also slightly short from front to back. The supplier told me that the top bows and header changed for 1951 even thought his vendors sold the same top for 49-52. One vendor sent me pictures of his top installed on a 49 Plymouth and it looks correct for a 50. Does anyone know if there were changes in those model years that would impact the fit of the top?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reference...it is very informative. This article indicates that the windshield is larger starting in 1951 and the body is wider. However, it is not clear if the convertible top header is the same size, or the distance between the side-rails on the convertible top is the same for 49-52. If anyone has the measurements for the header above the windshield and distance between right and left side-rails on a 1951 or 52, that would be helpful. I could compare to the measurements on my car to determine if there is a difference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts