Allpar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
33,538 Posts
You want laminar (straight) airflow BEFORE the fuel is mixed in, and some turbulence AFTER the fuel is mixed. That's why spacers are more of a gimmick than anything.

Adding more airflow capability in the throttle body without any other mods really does little. You would also need to improve intake and exhaust flow.

·
Super Moderator
33,538 Posts
well it seems this too would also be a waste of time and money however Bob you mentioned that the throttle body would make little difference unless mods were done to the intake and exhaust, this truck dose have a magnaflow 3" dual exhaust and a full airaid intake system, would that be enough or are you talking about replaceing the intake manifold to something different, I didnt realize there were different intake options for injection?, and I wonder if the throttle body upgrade would improve airflow or just aid in dumping in more fuel?
I'm saying you would need to port and polish intake and exhaust on the heads, maybe change the intake and exhaust manifolds. Those will still be choke points. And the computer will simply compensate for the extra air by adding more fuel and killing your gas mileage.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.