Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
6.2SC will an option for all LX cars..
Would anybody like to visually differentiate 392HEMI-powered SRT from Hellcat 6.2SC SRT? Or would you rather have only a badge that differentiate the 2 same as the 60's R/Ts?

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Badging is all I need, maybe unique wheels.

·
Active Jeeper
31,138 Posts
Are they going to drop the 6.4 in cars?
That's the prime aftermarket motor.
Will it stay in the Mopar Catalog?
I assume it stays in the trucks?

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SRT's will have both options of 6.4L HEMI and an extra premium 6.2SC HEMI..
8HP70 is coming to all HEMI engines 5.7, 6.4 & Hellcat.. Though, different programming..

·
Active Jeeper
31,138 Posts
Mopar392 said:
8HP70 is coming to all HEMI engines 5.7, 6.4 & Hellcat.. Though, different programming..
Thank you.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mike V. said:
Badging is all I need, maybe unique wheels.
Different wheels, wider & grippier tires..

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Thanks for all the great info Mopar392.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Pretty interesting, wonder how much it will increase the MSRP? If it's just a motor, no other changes to the car, I would expect a few thousand increase? Maybe $5k over the 6.4L? If they have to beef up the brakes or suspension, etc., then maybe more.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
392SRT & 6.2SC SRT are 2 differently tuned cars.. They have ZL1 & GT500 in their eyes..

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
So between the Hellcat motor (a better American name they could not have chosen in my opinion...maybe other than Corsair or Mustang, but those already belong to other cars...) and the LA platform, 8 speed automatic...were looking at a serious [email protected]$$ car in the works.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Mopar392 said:
am kinda wondering if the hellcat will need an upgrade to 8HP90?? anybody have "numbers" for this motor??

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Mopar392 said:
392SRT & 6.2SC SRT are 2 differently tuned cars.. They have ZL1 & GT500 in their eyes..
Yah, that's what worries me, those cars are dramatically more expensive than their next highest trim level...

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
AutoTechnician said:
So then we're looking at anything between 580 and 662HP?
600+/-hp.. it's not about who is in top of the horsepower war, but who can utilize every single bit of it better.. and a 'Ring record...

Hammer00 said:
So will the 6.2 Challenger get the fascia and grille spotted on the spy photo black Challengers from the fall?
Jackratchett has the upper split grill, lower fascia close..

redhed said:
am kinda wondering if the hellcat will need an upgrade to 8HP90?? anybody have "numbers" for this motor??
8HP90 good is overkill and more expensive for the application.. 585-600lb.ft..

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
srt4evah said:
Yah, that's what worries me, those cars are dramatically more expensive than their next highest trim level...
GT500 is $20k > GT Premium ($54K --> $34K)
ZL1 is $20k > 2SS Camaro ($37K --> $56.5K)

Hellcat will be around $55-60K base (just be conservative)..

DaveAdmin said:
oh2o was talking about some internal enhancements, it's quite possible Chrysler can beef up some parts of the transmission without going nuts in others. I wonder how conservative those torque ratings are?
8HP70 can be beefed upto Chrysler spec since they'll build it, but they don't need to.. the transmission out of ZF bag is good up to 700Nm or roughly 520lb.ft
Up till now, they are still squeezing the useful juice of the Hellcat..

·
Registered
179 Posts
With the availibility of the 6.2sc I was rather hoping for a de-contented 392 challenger ala Super Bee.
Hellcat sounds adolescent and silly. As long as its just some internal code name and marketing doesn't promote it as such its no big deal, but with that name it promises too much, like screaming "THIS IS THE ULTIMATE MILL, THIS IS IT!!!".

1 - 20 of 77 Posts