Allpar Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
To pay that much for a 1971 car! It seems so outrageous, even if someone had $100 million in the bank. Someone could buy a similar car for far less. What are the bragging rights when 99.99% of the population has no idea how many of these came with a Hemi, or even why that matters?

·
Virginia Gentleman
14,671 Posts
To pay that much for a 1971 car! It seems so outrageous, even if someone had $100 million in the bank. Someone could buy a similar car for far less. What are the bragging rights when 99.99% of the population has no idea how many of these came with a Hemi, or even why that matters?
No more ridiculous than expecting $10 million for Richard Petty's NASCAR Superbird from the 1970 season last year. No, the minimum was not met. I think bidding topped out around $7 million.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I guess something is worth whatever an adult of sound mind is willing to pay for it. But I look at this car as not really special aside from having a high performace engine unique in that model. Someone could buy a good used Dodge Viper for, say, $50,000. There is the performance.
Holy Toledo, I just checked eBay to see what a 1971 Plymouth Barracuda might cost and someone is listing one at $1.2 million or best offer!
Anyway I'd look for a junker Barracuda for under $10,000 and get it roadworthy and looking good. Between the Viper and the Barracuda a person would have all the pleasure of the $600,000 Cuda for a tenth of the price!

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
a collecter buys it hopeing it will go up in value....I'd rather buy a 318 cuda or charger and update it with a new gen3 hemi

·
Got parts?
2,604 Posts
It looks very nice, but I agree about settling for a 318, though I'd keep it original. I wonder if a 340 Cuda is asking similar $.

·
Super Moderator
36,923 Posts
Keep this in mind:
Most parts for a 318 or 340 car costs as much as the same part for a Hemi car (other than engine parts).
10k won't get you much even in a Slant 6 or 318 Challenger or Barracuda now.

Reactions: wolfsblood07
1 - 10 of 10 Posts