Allpar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got the alternator problem fixed, thanks a ton for that info. cars driveable now but when i brake it shudders really bad, drums all the way around and they look brand new, is it possible they are warped? or is there an adjustment i dont know of? any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Phil

·
Super Moderator
13,926 Posts
First off: driving down a road with no one around; grab the parking brake release handle and step on the PB pedal; if the shudder is gone then the issue is up front, if still there, scope out the rear brakes.

Make sure you have no grease/oil on the brake shoes, front or back. If the shoes look OK; if everything checks out, then have the drums turned to verify them being round.

·
Mopar starship captain
4,228 Posts
I have had the experience of brand new brake drums being out of round. They might need to be turned. Turning my new drums perversely cured the shuddering. From what I've seen online, getting new brake drums out of round happens more than I would have thought it should.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Agreed. Good brake shops always turn new drums and rotors. It's likely the continued invasion of Chinese junk, and we ain't talking about boats, here. :)>)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts