Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

My 383 '69 Fury 3 has an issue I can't seem to find any info on.
I've tried googling it but I can't find anyone adressing it.

The aircon could keep an eskimo happy even on hot summer days, and I'm pretty sure I can light my cigarette from the vent when it's hot. What puzzles me is the temperatures in between. I can adjust it to some level in each end, but I can't get it to put out a comfortable temperature.

This whole aircon thing is a stranger to me. I've never fixed it before, new or old, so any help is appreciated!

·
Administrator
35,988 Posts
There's a simple mechanical door, most likely, unless it's got the auto temp control -- going from memory I don't recall that it does, and it probably does not.

Perhaps the cable or door are sticking... and either going one way or the other.

For a/c, you can alternate between a/c and vent to moderate the temp more efficiently. For heat, well... should get it fixed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've considered the cable myself, but the handle seems to slide perfectly. Do I have to take the dash out to find the cable and door?

Thanks for the good answer!

·
KOG
7,078 Posts
Some of the older C bodies used a water valve to control heat. And it is one pricey little devil. If both heater hoses go through a valve on their way to the firewall on yours, there you go.

·
Registered
747 Posts
My first car was a 69 Plymouth Fury. I did not recall it having a control valve and would have to say it had a cable actuated blend door in the dash. Those were nice cars, I would like to see a pic.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm going to the winter storage tomorrow, so I can give you more feedback soon.
From what I remember, I think the hoses run through a valve on the right hand side, just below the hood. Does this sound like the water valve?

I just added the vehichle now, so check it out in my profile. More photos to come. The previous owner removed the vinyl top so it's a totally different car. I love the look. It's not my first car but it's my first proper one ;-)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts